Drumbreak from the ridiculous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumbreak from the ridiculous.

Similar to the moment in dumbo when they see an elephant fly, I unexpectedly found a long, open and so ready to use 25 second drumbreak and a really mother of one at that, on the B-side of the 1984 southampton FC single.
    The tune is the instrumental version of "when the saints go marching in" it couldn't of being anything else though could it, the rest of the music is smootered to death by the plink plonk keyboard.The band performing has a really funky sounding name hence me picking it up and obviously to have a picture sleeve with Peter Shilton, frank worthington, mick mills, 'mad' mark dennis amongst others is pure class.
    One football 7" to keep em peeled for.  
    there only noodles michael...

Haha! Brilliant!
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Where are you, Matt?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Milton Rhodes & The Archers is the artist - which makes more sense if you know anything about SFC. On the mighty 'Fret Music' label, which is musical equipment store about 10 minutes down the road from me.

Played it at Brillo a while back if I recall.....
        Matt Hero

Comment

the f lip of manchester city fc..45 from 75 has a wicked easy library jazz style tune that has nice breaks on it...called blue funk
          www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (TuckinFrat @ Sep. 14 2004,12:11)]the f lip of manchester city fc..45 from 75 has a wicked easy library jazz style tune that has nice breaks on it...called blue funk
            Is that different from the Kevin Godley penned 'Funky City' then ? Wow, two funky Manchester City 45s !
            Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Sep. 14 2004,11:34)]Milton Rhodes & The Archers is the artist - which makes more sense if you know anything about SFC. On the mighty 'Fret Music' label, which is musical equipment store about 10 minutes down the road from me.

Played it at Brillo a while back if I recall.....
              Excellent thanks for the info, I know a little about southampton but no too much, like who are Milton Rhodes & The Archers? They sound fresh.
              Drumbreak aside I do also like the very chugging along the disco freeway feel of the song (the riff is quite hypnotic) topped with lashings of 80's synth and the refrain of the when the saints...Class stuff, I had only played it to my mate as a joke and the next thing we were doing cut up and messing with the drumbreak
              I'll will also keep my eyes peeled for them 2 man city singles and other suspect football records from now on.
              there only noodles michael...

Comment

I don't know who the band were, but Milton Road and Archers Road were the two 'ends' at The Dell, our old and (at least by me) much lamented home.

Somewhere amongst my Saints stuff stored in the loft, there are some pictures of me in The Archers End at the 2nd to last league match at The Dell shortly before my Bayern Munich flag was removed by the stewards for 'safety reasons'. Well, were playing (and beating) Manchester United who had just be dumped out Europe by Bayern... seemed sensible to me at the time
                Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Sep. 14 2004,12:17)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (TuckinFrat @ Sep. 14 2004,12:11)]the f lip of manchester city fc..45 from 75 has a wicked easy library jazz style tune that has nice breaks on it...called blue funk
                  Is that different from the Kevin Godley penned 'Funky City' then ? Wow, two funky Manchester City 45s !
                  hmmmm, i've got a john schroeder produced disco plink-plonk city 45...

Comment

Working...
                  X