Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranian Funkateer
    replied
    Yes, the Magnificent Sanctuary band did come out on a 45..I have a promo copy (the same song on both sides actually) Great drum break for those who like breaks...

Leave a comment:

• BONBON
    replied
    Also he is to be found on a lot of other peoples LP quite a few on cadet/chess such as woody herman.

Leave a comment:

• the old hayes
    replied
    aha, thanks for that

love his 'live' lp

Leave a comment:

• TuckinFrat
    replied
    i think in the usa he was on atco

and in the rest of the world he was on atlantic uk etc

Leave a comment:

• the old hayes
    replied
    so are the atco releases the originals, or the atlantic ones?

no idea abou that 45 either, sorry..

Leave a comment:

• TuckinFrat
    replied
    atco is a subsidary of atlantic

donny was obviously a genius and like many pained geniuss he topped himself i think on christmas eve in the 7ts...rip

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Whilst on the subject of Mr Hathaway does anyone know if 'Magnificent Sanctuary Band' ever came out on a 45?

Leave a comment:

• the old hayes
    replied
    i could be wrong (i'm somewhat distracted with other things today..), but i was under the impression atco was a sub-label of atlantic..? only real difference would be cat numbers and label/logos.

i'm probably just getting lost in minor details here. i spottied a hathaway lp with atllantic labels/logos recently, and after previously assuming that they only came out on atco, got confused... wondered if anyone here could clear it up in a swift senetence of two

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Erm, what's the difference between ATCO and Atlantic?

Leave a comment:

• the old hayes
    started a topic Donny hathaway knowledge..

Donny hathaway knowledge..

anyone know any good sites for a detailed discography on this chap? the one mentioned in wax poetics doesn't work.. preferably one with cat numbers etc..

i read that his records were originally releasd on atlantic, but all the ones i've found that claim to be originals are on atco.. so were any releases under the atlantic name? is there a difference for euro and us releases?

thanks..
Working...
X