Alla pugachiova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alla pugachiova

On my travels today (due to the wonders of store up flexi-time) I picked up this LP -albeit in a different sleeve. And with her name spelt differently.

*Anyway*, The first track on this LP is, if there is such a thing, a psych-disco track (one to confuse with I guess). It is apparently from the film 'The Centre Forward From The Skies' which sounds brilliant in principle if I could find anything about it. Most likely a mistranslation in any case.

The rest of the LP is a mix of rubbish in a variety of styles - even the promising sounding five minutes fifty of 'Come'.

So, anybody got any ideas ?
    Matt Hero

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Sep. 14 2004,19:10)]So, anybody got any ideas ?
    Whatabout, square wheels? Then your car will never roll away if you forget to put the handbrake on...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

LOL After all that hassle with translation...

It's the last track on my 'All Cats Go To Heaven' mix, Matt. As translated by Lord T and also Mr Hayes knows about this record. Love that track. Big favourite of mine. I guess yours has this cover.

Comment

Indeed that's the cover I've got..... should have searched the archives. I've listened to your mix a load of times too
        Matt Hero

Comment

old

the translation is supposedly accurate, i've asked some russian friends to find out about 'the centre-forward from the skies'.. i'll post it up if anything comes of it..

music (for wdt) was composed by alexander avilov- it's worth picking up doubles of his lp of instrumentals for alla called 'rhythm', if you spot it- one side is a has some very nice disco/pysch bits. but you *really* need doubles to edit out the ultra-cheesy synth that rears it ugly head.. one day i will get around to doing a re-edit of this, one day..

Comment

How close was I in translating the Russian script into English, then?  It was the first time I'd done that for a while, so I was a bit rusty!

I've got a couple more Russian LPs lately (including one by the Dooleys, of all people&#33 which I've been using to refresh my Cyrillic script reading - aside from making it easier to spot which Russian LPs are worth a pop, it's no use whatsoever, though.  

By the way, the stuff at the bottom of the page reads something along the lines of -

Voc./Instr. ensemble V. Kleinota (1), Voc/Instr ensemble "RITM" A. Avilov (2, 3, 4, 6, 7), Orchestra V. Terletskogo (5)

Redaktor A. Kachalina. Foto V. Maneshina Made in USSR

Comment

Working...
            X