X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Naga
    replied
    Finished!

Sorry - I was on holiday the last two weeks...

Leave a comment:

• jakartajive
    replied
    And of course mine.

Leave a comment:

• Mang
    replied
    Originally posted by son of stan View Post
    Get orff moy laand.
    And moyne.

Leave a comment:

• son of stan
    replied
    Get orff moy laand.

Leave a comment:

• ninja simone
    replied
    Good stuff.

I've been in that Mind one a few times and the guy there was constantly referring to book prices like they were gospel. Found one good thing once though, trying to remember it.....nope, can't. They seemed to consistently get lots of interestingish decent pound LPs in and then try to get a fiver for them - and then wonder why they weren't selling anything.

I think that Boulders record might very likely be right up there as one of the most frequent hopeful to hopes dashed record purchases amongst VG-plussers - I remember going through the exact same routine with it once.

Leave a comment:

• Crawdaddy Simon
    replied
    The Roy Wood does have this weird little number:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHo4yGjYhJo

Leave a comment:

• vinylism
    replied
    good to see crouch end turning up in the csc. i get down there about 3 or 4 times a year and the charity shops are usually rewarding (more so than my locals anyway) although admittedly they're a bit pricey.

and flashback is excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Tsundoku
    replied
    Nice read Mat. look forward to seeing the finds or paucity thereof (London is arse for chazza shopping IMO). What is this zine you speak of?

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    Originally posted by soundhog View Post
    Coming Up may be too obvious but it's a cracking song, plus there's the slight but nice synthy instrumentals...
    Absolutely - his post-Beatles melodies are still horrendously catchy but also nicely off-kilter.

Leave a comment:

• eclectiktronik
    replied
    Good work!
    Seconded on the Roy Wood. His singles are always worth picking up for the amazing B sides - weird instrumentals and exploito/pastiches - but that Boulders Lp was just toss.

I'd have got the David Garrick - I got the Pye 1st edition - sort of early David Bowie meets Ray Davies but cheesier (in fact there is a good cover of 'Dandy' on it) and worth having for the parpy hit 'Dear mrs Applebee'!

Leave a comment:

• soundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
    As for McCartney II, I agree with you on Darkroom and would also add Temporary Secretary (and Check My Machine as a b-side on a single from the LP).
    That's an LP I've grown to like more as the years have rolled by, having not been very keen on it when it came out (but there again, I was quite young at the time). Coming Up may be too obvious but it's a cracking song, plus there's the slight but nice synthy instrumentals. Also On The Way is a great compressed blues.

Part 2 eagerly awaited. A valiant effort on the tie, but with the untucked shirt the whole ensemble does have more than a whiff of Kaiser Chiefs about it. Shame Boulders didn't hit the spot, it's good enough for me but it should be noted that a green Harvest label is no guarantee of quality...

Leave a comment:

• priima
    replied
    :d

you should have picked up some of those Pavement records laying on floor on first pictures. i have read they are great band.

oh, wait...

Leave a comment:

• medlar
    replied
    Really enjoyed this one
    Always amuses me that the Arse have won nothing since moving home

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    A smashing read so far Naga...

In terms of Melanie, this is my favourite of hers. Another tip if you don't know it is the RPM soundtrack. Its got some of here stuff on but its worth picking up for this monster from Barry de Vorzon and Perry Botkin.

As for McCartney II, I agree with you on Darkroom and would also add Temporary Secretary (and Check My Machine as a b-side on a single from the LP).

Leave a comment:

• Mr Naga
    replied
    Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
    See you, Mat?
    You're a dead man, you are.
    Truth is I'm rather partial to the Arse but I couldn't resist.

No head punches - my face is my fortune!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X