Good one, Lord !

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    LOL! Mad Drama!!!

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    Don't forget the Alan gang - Hawkshaw, Moorhouse, Tew, Parker (and honorary member Ainsworth, who spelt it differently).

These two rival factions controlled the big band funk world, and the struggle for dominance meant skirmishes between them were common, culminating in a bloody battle (eyewitnesses reported hearing brass stabs) outside 21 Denmark Street in the 1980s, which killed the genre stone dead and led to KPM moving to Charing Cross Road to escape the scandal.

You think I'm making this all up, don't you?

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Dankworth, Schroeder...

Leave a comment:

• vibra
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ 14 May 2003,22:34)]His real name's Denis, you know.
    Aha!! So he changed his name in order to gain access to the elite world of the orchestral/library/jazz music Johnnys!

Think about it:

Harris, Gregory, Pearson, Scott, Keating, Dankworth..

In the days of British big band funk, undeniably the Johnnys ruled. Any vulture, any man can see how Denis would be tempted, and did ultimately become one of the great library Johnnys.

Leave a comment:

• agenda
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]now well into his seventies and living in Australia, produced a sheet of paper containing about two dozen different styles of music and told me "Got to find music to fit all of these categories, all of the time!" Hard to imagine one so mature writing ‘techno’ pieces, but he does!
    my favourite bit

Leave a comment:

• john stapleton
    replied
    tax?

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Thats weird but it does explain why so many of the good Parry tracks are by P. Kass! Quite often though there will be a Hawksworth and a Kass composition on the same library - why bother to use different names??

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    I'll see if I can find out.

By the way, something I forgot to mention was that he also writes under the name of Paul Kass. He's used this name on Chappell, de Wolfe and Parry tracks.

Leave a comment:

• soundsville
    replied
    Can anyone tell me exactly where in Australia is Mr Hawksworth lives now?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you, Lord

What a champ you are and totally civil as well

Jack

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    And from the same website, another article with an interesting quote from Johnny/Denis about the sort of stuff he's doing these days!

http://www.transdiffusion.org/emc/so...rary/index.htm

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    This might interest you too: http://www.transdiffusion.org/emc/soundson/lavender/

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    His real name's Denis, you know.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What a cool lookin' guy, damn man
    JOHNNY YOU'RE THE BEST !

Gwen, I think you meant to say;

And hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer's Johnny !

Cheers Matt !

JD