Mister holmes and brotherhood wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mister holmes and brotherhood wtf

I heard this track by a certain "Mister Holmes and Brotherhood" on our college station the other day. The song was called (no joke) "Thrift Store Find" and sounded like some raw Soul-Fire neo-funk kinda ting. Nothing great but I wanna know the origin. I looked it up on Google and came up on Small Change's playlist, which added this info which I assume is the label: "Wheedle's Groove, LITA"

Stones Throw couldn't help, SoulStrut is down, and Funk45 won't give me my account password.

I won't promise not to use the words "jawn" or "ayo" but I will appreciate the help.
    "No my brother. You got to get your own."

it's from a new compilation called 'Wheedle's Groove - Classic Seattle Soul and Funk 1965-1975' on Light in the Attic records.
    Can't remember who the producer was, but it is a new production. I'll look on the sleeve when I get home.
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

I was gonna ask about this. I saw a review by James Maycock in this month's Mojo. Any good, John? I know there's a wide variety of stuff on there, including some contemporary bands (I think)...?
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 16 2004,19:26)]I was gonna ask about this. I saw a review by James Maycock in this month's Mojo. Any good, John? I know there's a wide variety of stuff on there, including some contemporary bands (I think)...?
        Got this through this week. Very nice comp mostly late60s/early 70s funk stuff - inc some unreleased stuff I believe.

That Bold Brother.BoldSister cut is a top choice ...nice 45 CAL!

There's 3 new productions including Sharpshooters versions of Moulin's BALEK...!? Not exactly a seattle funk tune but I s'pose they're from Seattle and one of them helped compile the album.

Oh and theres a smokin dirty funk/jazz version of Auld Lang Syne for everyone to put aside for a few months and blow the next NY joint up...or somethining...

Comment

Hey marco.

Good to have you here!
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Working...
          X