Vinyl vulture easter swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl vulture easter swap

Yet another heads up for everyone who contributed to the Easter swap thing. Having dibbled and dabbled in them over the past few months, over the past two days I've been systematically going through them all and there's some fantastic stuff on there, from crazy Finnish jazz to unlikely EZ listening, so thanks! I've loaded about 50 tracks up onto iTunes in a special VV folder. Oh yes, sad bastard.

BTW, has anyone noticed the startling similarity between Marcia Griffiths' Feel Like Jumpin' and The Rutles' I'm Living In Hope? Or is just me? Goosestep mama (oh yeah)!
    http://www.djhistory.com

yeah, i'd second that, i've only (just) finished listening to them all... great summer listening, a top-notch selection and my wants list as quadrupled in size.

well done and thanks to everyone involved!

Comment

I'm going to ask everyone a huge favour. I originally didn't take part in the Easter swap, can't remember why now but there was a good reason at the time.

If any of you guys are feeling generous could you please send me a copy of your mixes. I don't have anything to share in return but it would be really appreciated. I'm really jealous to hear of all the great music I've missed out on.

A bit of a cheeky request I know but I would be very grateful                          

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Sep. 16 2004,21:47)]I don't have anything to share in return
        my arse you don't!
        http://www.blaxploitation.com
        Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Let me clarify, I meant in the way of mix cd's.Thanks for pointing that one out Ed!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 16 2004,20:25)]BTW, has anyone noticed the startling similarity between Marcia Griffiths' Feel Like Jumpin' and The Rutles' I'm Living In Hope? Or is just me? Goosestep mama (oh yeah)!
            'Sfunny you should mention it but i recently happened across a copy of "Club Rocksteady '68" whilst sheltering from the bank holiday rain in a northern charity shop. That's got "Feel like jumping" on it and its realy been bugging me what it reminds me of.

It's not the Rutles though.
            Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Sep. 16 2004,23:31)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 16 2004,20:25)]BTW, has anyone noticed the startling similarity between Marcia Griffiths' Feel Like Jumpin' and The Rutles' I'm Living In Hope? Or is just me? Goosestep mama (oh yeah)!
              'Sfunny you should mention it but i recently happened across a copy of "Club Rocksteady '68" whilst sheltering from the bank holiday rain in a northern charity shop. That's got "Feel like jumping" on it and its realy been bugging me what it reminds me of.

It's not the Rutles though.
              It's the little guitar figure that runs up and down the scale. It's almost identical.
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

The rhythm on 'feel like jumping' was used loads of times. The best known is probably Toots' '58-46 was my number'.
                What I want to know is which came first: Lliquidator' or the Staples Singers 'I'll take you there'. The intros are so close it can't be coincidence.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I still have about three complete sets of Easter CDs - perhaps they should go out to anyone that wants them. First come first serve basis - Ilmod duly noted. Unless anyone disagrees?
                  Errr..Hambone?

Comment

After all our hard work!!! Maybe they should put some postage in the pot for the next round...
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Brother Logic @ Sep. 17 2004,09:24)]I still have about three complete sets of Easter CDs - perhaps they should go out to anyone that wants them. First come first serve basis - Ilmod duly noted. Unless anyone disagrees?
                      ooo, don't suppose i could get one?? t'would be much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (babycart @ Sep. 17 2004,08:58)]What I want to know is which came first: Lliquidator' or the Staples Singers 'I'll take you there'. The intros are so close it can't be coincidence.
                        I always assumed it was harry j nicking the staple singers version, such is the nature of reggae... could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Hooded Claw @ Sep. 17 2004,09:39)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (babycart @ Sep. 17 2004,08:58)]What I want to know is which came first: Lliquidator' or the Staples Singers 'I'll take you there'. The intros are so close it can't be coincidence.
                          I always assumed it was harry j nicking the staple singers version, such is the nature of reggae... could be wrong though.
                          Liquidator was deffo the OG-Daddy!

Think it came out maybe a year before Staple singers

Comment

I'm more than happy to pay postage for that ful set of CD's. Let me know how much. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Brother Logic @ Sep. 17 2004,09:24)]I still have about three complete sets of Easter CDs - perhaps they should go out to anyone that wants them. First come first serve basis - Ilmod duly noted. Unless anyone disagrees?
                              Yes please if you've got a spare set left. I'l sort you out with postage.
                              Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                              X