Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwards hand

Hi there,
    I can't stop listening to the first album by british duo Edwards Hand, only released in Usa in 1969 & produced by George Martin.
    It's amazing harmony soft pop - psych with incredible studio backing, they do a superb cover of the John Cameron gem "If I thought you'd ever change your mind", the same track from the Kathe Green album.
    Anyone into it??

Doesn't sound as if it's the same, but did pick one up a while back called 'Stranded', George Martin producing, RCA, UK release from around 1972 (I think). Had a bonkers moog/freakout cut called 'The Fighting Is O'er, The Battle Won' (or something like that) and a heavy rock number called 'Revolution's Death Man' on it. Wasn't too impressed overall, one of those LPs that always sounds like it's going to be good, but never quite gets there (except for the Battle & Revolution cuts) but could've been a later one from the same outfit. Had a black & white drawing of a bloke's crotch with suspiciously upright bulge on the cover as I recall...
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (wayne @ Sep. 17 2004,01:34)]Doesn't sound as if it's the same, but did pick one up a while back called 'Stranded', George Martin producing, RCA, UK release from around 1972 (I think). Had a bonkers moog/freakout cut called 'The Fighting Is O'er, The Battle Won' (or something like that) and a heavy rock number called 'Revolution's Death Man' on it. Wasn't too impressed overall, one of those LPs that always sounds like it's going to be good, but never quite gets there (except for the Battle & Revolution cuts) but could've been a later one from the same outfit. Had a black & white drawing of a bloke's crotch with suspiciously upright bulge on the cover as I recall...
      Hey Wayne,
      That's theird second album, I think. Nothing to do with the first one, which is magical stuff!

Comment

Working...
      X