X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitar 'paint it black' question

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Love Sitars - 'Paint It Black' on Soul Galore

anyone know this? is it really The Folkswingers' version?

It's the Lord Sitar version, I think. Lord Sitar was somebody like Big Jim Sullivan or one of those guys.
    Endless Tripe

Comment

are you sure? didn't think there was a Lord Sitar version...

Comment

soul galore was a uk northern soul lable, i think run by ian levine if i remember right, so most tracks on it have been tampered /reedited by levine
        www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

soul galore was a uk northern soul lable, i think run by ian levine if i remember right, so most tracks on it have been tampered /reedited by levine
          www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

infact i remember he used to take northern soul tracks and edit out the vocals and release them on this lable as instros northern guys like that sorta thing
            www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

there was a sitarry version of paint it blak played on the northern scene it aint rare or nutthin but i cant remember the name but i reckon its this record under a diff name..this is gonna do my ead in
              www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

yeah, i know about Soul Galore, got some nice instros on the label. was assuming in this case that it was just a bootleg of an existing track

talking of Ian Levine, picked up what i assumed was a reissue of Sidney Barnes 'I Hurt On the Other Side', only saw the 'produced by Ian Levine' credit when i got home. it's terrible! sounds like a re-recording, but with an awful 4/4 house-ish bass drum stuck under it. right waste of two quid that was...

Comment

hes a nitemare hes done several LPs/ tracks of classic soul choons but updated them with nasty 80s synths n stuff...but back in the day he had the biggest/ only usa 45 collection and in the early days of northern soul MOST the tunes came of him!!

do you know that sid barnes tune on bluestone called i fink 'new york city' im gonna be a big moviestar, what a tune wished i aint sold mine, jazzy soul
                  www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Sep. 18 2004,13:00)]are you sure? didn't think there was a Lord Sitar version...
                    I dunno, just from memory. I think I might have got it mixed up with "Black is Black".

I think it was Simon Soussan behind the Soul Galore label, not Levine. Maybe it's one of his (Soussan's) home made efforts.
                    Endless Tripe

Comment

oh yeah its soussan doooh those poxy northern related nasty bootie 45s are easy to mix up man
                      www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Yeah... I know it, It's my auction!

Like It says in the description Im not sure of the origin of the tune, It's a boot that you'll find a many northern do's & was put out in the 70's i'd guess.
                        Pretty sure it aint Lord Sitar, no paint int Black on the Columbia LP, & always thought it was a US version covered up.

I know Soul Galore 45's are mostly all UK boots, but thought that it was a bonified lable in the USA. (Ive got a 45 by the Performers & that anit a boot, Im sure?
                        You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

i have it on good authority it is lord sitar under a diff soussan style bootleg name!!!

boney whats ya ebay id

you still interested in that ron buford 45
                          www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Hi  

There is a version of 'Paint it black' by Lord Sitar, its only on a Columbia US single and is the B side to 'Black is Black'.

Bought mine from 'Intoxica' some time ago for a nominal fee ( some thing of a rarity in this shop), I know they had a large number of multiple copies. Its a painfully fast track so may have been popular on the northern scene.

Hope this helps

Comment

Boney

hit me with some hot records i dont know about, so i can go n find em!!!
                              www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Working...
                              X