Ray conniff and the singers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray conniff and the singers

I bought the 'It Must Be Him' lp the other day and i'm in love with this album. Can any of you recommend other albums that might be similar to this one? I scoped a couple of Bert Kaemphert lp's that I might go back and buy, I shoulda picked them up while I had the chance.

Theme From SWAT And Other TV Themes [cracking version of 'TFS']

Harmony [I really like the version of 'Live And Let Die']

That's all I have. Is Ray in Lords Of Lounge?

Comment

I was warned by a good source on this board to "tread carefully" when I mentioned Ray Conniff.  I dread to think what may have happened if the advice was "there's a good one out there somewhere" - especially since my neck of the woods is crawling with them...
      Now this!

Comment

There's one with an OK 'Spinning Wheel' but pence only mind! Agree with Mr B on the SWAT one though - you can also get it on 'Send in the Clowns'.
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (lionel @ Sep. 18 2004,16:21)]I was warned by a good source on this board to "tread carefully" when I mentioned Ray Conniff.  I dread to think what may have happened if the advice was "there's a good one out there somewhere" - especially since my neck of the woods is crawling with them...
          Gary, I went there so you didn't have to. Rabbash (S.W.A.T.'s okay though).
          Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Sep. 17 2004,17:25)]There's one with an OK 'Spinning Wheel' but pence only mind! Agree with Mr B on the SWAT one though - you can also get it on 'Send in the Clowns'.
            This is all very interesting...I may revisit.

Although I suspect I may have missed my chance -they were in a "city centre" charry that has recently undergone a "facelift" (laminate flooring and new curtains for the changing area) - meaning no records...or even mens clothes (?)
            I guess this is for another thread, but the number of charity shops that have become just shops with a charity name recently in my neck of the woods is incredible. I wonder who's getting the records now?
            Now this!

Comment

Check out his version of "lowdown" from 1977. Tasty version with flute, a nice drum break in the middle, and nice scat vocals.

Comment

Working...
              X