Linda Lewis - Lark
    Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum
    Oui 3 - For What its Worth
    Les Reed - The International Pop Proms
    Malcolm McLaren - Hobo Scratch 12"
    Graham Nash + David Crosby - Live
    Val Merrall - Big Sound at Butlins - contains the funky track Flash
    Nick Ingman - Soft Rock Invention
    John Fiddy - Dum Dum - This is the second copy I've found in a couple of months
    Lesley Duncan - Everything Changes
    Lesley Duncan - Sing Children Sing
    Toninho Horta - Terra dos Passaros

How did you guys do???

Market:

1) Shaft/The French Connection (Vol 29) (Kuopin)

An Asian? soundtrack comp of nice covers also inc. Dirty Harry, Play Misty For Me, Money Is, Goodbye Carter, The Hot Rock Theme and a few others. Anyone offer anymore info on this? as well as the previous 28 volumes!?
    (I paid £10 and I'm not sure if I'm happy a) because I don't like the tatty sleeves from that part of the world, stupid I know, and b) its a bit scratchy in parts so wonder if £10 was abit steep. Anyone?)

2) Lulu - Melody Fair. I love Lulu's voice, am I weird?

3) Dr John - Desitively Bonnaroo

4) Humble Pie - S/T

5) Can - Tago Mago. £5 without a cover. How long before I see the full package for a few quid more

6) Seven second hand hip hop 12's the pick being DJ Todd 1 - That's The Way I Cut Live (still have the John Peel tape from 1987 when I first heard it&#33
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

I got a soft rock too.
      The Harry J All Stars - Liquidator lp (Trojan)
      You Are What You Eat OST (CBS) - Wicked psych rock.
      Greyboy - Freestylin (Ubiquity) - Great funky jazz lp from '93. Why this was in a charity I'll never know.

And shed loads of new bits.

If you fancy trading the dum dum then shout.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Serms pm me your trade list and we&#39;ll sort something out.

Comment

yesterday&#39;s digs:

Bobby Hughes Combination-Kerma Elastica 7&quot;
          Bert Kaempfert &amp; His Orchestra-Magic Music of Far Away Places lp
          Various-Get Up &amp; Boogie 2xLP (shit disco covers of television themes like S.W.A.T. &amp; Baretta...or possibly the originals. It was only &#036;2)
          Arthur Lyman-Percussion Spectacular lp
          Les &amp; Larry Elgart-Elgart Au Go-Go lp (found a sample used by Ursula 1000)
          Herb Alpert&#39;s Tijauna Brass-South of the Border lp
          The Sylvers-Forever Yours lp

Comment

My weekend digs -

Maceo Parker - &#39;US&#39; (Polydor 1974 - inc. &#39;Soul Power &#39;74&#39;, &#39;Doin&#39; It To Death&#39; etc
            Sagram - &#39;Pop Explosion Sitar Style (Windmill 1972)
            James Brown - &#39;America is My Home Pts. 1 &amp; 2&#39; (King 45 - 1967)
            James Brown - &#39;Get It Together Pts. 1 &amp; 2&#39; (King 45- 1967)
            James Brown - &#39;The Scratch&#39; (King 45 - 1967)
            Andy Ross Orchestra - &#39;The Godfather Theme/The French Connection Theme&#39; (CBS 45 - 1972, arr. by Cy Payne)
            Harry Robinson Orchestra - &#39;Airport Theme/Saturday in the Kings Road&#39; (Columbia 45 - 1970)
            Mike Vickers - &#39;Match of the Day/Small Deal&#39; (PYE 45 - 1970)
            Georgie Fame - &#39;Does His Thing with Strings&#39; (CBS 1969 - nice K.Mansfield produced &amp; arranged easy LP)
            John Williams - &#39;Changes/The Height Below&#39; (Cube 1978 double album)

The JB King 45s were all 50p each from a charity shop - not really where you&#39;d expect to find them&#33;
            A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Comment

Esther Phillips - Alone Again Naturally (Kudu)
              Koichi Oki - Yamaha Superstar (Ad Rhythm)
              Colosseum - Kettle EP (Castle 12&quot
              Anita Harris: Somebody&#39;s In My Orchard (CBS)
              Fluegel Knights: ...Mrs Robinson (CBS)
              M/A/R/R/S: Pump Up The Volume (4AD) [original &amp; remix 12&quot;s]
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Only two:

Hokis Pokis: Nowhere / Can&#39;t wait for love (Shield) Great n.soul / disco nicenes. Bought off some bloke in the pub

Eruption: Funky Lover (RCA). What a surprise. Great. Look out for this 7&quot;, I really like it.Gift off a friend (cheers Grovez&#33
                Endless Tripe

Comment

I reported a lot of these in the record fair thread, but there were things I got ths weekend from other areas. Besides now that soulstrut is down I got get my daily filling of 40 posts somewhere

This weekend:
                  Lowell Fulsom &quot;The Ol&#39; Blue Singer&quot; (Granite) - Los Angeles based small press blues funk LP from &#39;76

Steve Davis &quot;Music&quot; (RCA) - beautiful soul jazz album wit ha couple songs sung in french for some reason

Rotary Connection &quot;Aladdin&quot; (Cadet concept) - double

Rotary Connection &quot;Hey Love&quot; (Cadet Concept) - Double

Billy Vaughan &quot;Windmills of Your Mind&quot; (Dot) - great cover of the tune &quot;spooky&quot;

Vast Majority &quot;Move It&quot; (D&amp;M) - I Think D&amp;M was Leo Mullers thing here in the US, please ocrrect me if I&#39;m wrong. Anyways good late 70&#39;s disco funk album.

Rustix &quot;Bedlam&quot; (Rare Earth) - funky rock LP

Henry Jackson Company &quot;Just Being Alive&quot; (Myrrh) - was sealed I gotta say I was pretty dissapointed in thsi one. His earlier stuff on the Stax subsidiary Gospel Truth is pretty nice.

Kung Fu OST (Warner Brothers) Music &amp; Dialogue from the David Carradine TV show

Stu Gardner &amp; the Sanctified Sound&quot; (Volt)

Ebonys &quot;S/T&quot; (Philadelphia Int&#39;l) - sweet soul LP that I havent given a full listen to yet, but seems promising

Stevie Wonder &quot;Songs in the Key of Life&quot; (Tamla) - Picked one up after realizing I didn&#39;t have a copy  

Franck Pourcel &quot;Plays Midnight Cowboy&quot; (Paramount) - moody nice ocver of Serge Gainsbourgs &quot;J&#39;taime...&quot;

Rare Earth &quot;Answers&quot; (Verve) first album by this group...surprisingly funky

Georges Garvarentz &quot;Killer Force OST&quot; (Audio Fidelity) - whitesploitation looking film score. 2 nice tunes

Donna Washington &quot;Going For the Glow&quot; (Capitol) - 1981 release by he. Over the last few motnhs I&#39;ve become a total sucker for female modern soul

Ruby Andrews &quot;Genuine Ruby&quot; (ABC) - sweet soul and disco outing. Not bad, but not great either.

Stairsteps &quot;Second Ressurection&quot; (Dark Horse) - Keni Burke and company do a pretty good modern soul LP. Double

Monkees &quot;Head OST&quot; (Colgems) - double
                  12&quot;s

Patrick Adams &quot;Michael Medley&quot; (Mirage) Black Ivory dude covres the king of pop circa 1984

Nona Hendrix &quot;Transformation&quot; (RCA) - picked this up because it sounded a loot better on the portable than it did on my home stereo

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Funky Guzzo @ Sep. 20 2004,10:09)]I reported a lot of these in the record fair thread, but there were things I got ths weekend from other areas. Besides now that soulstrut is down I got get my daily filling of 40 posts somewhere

This weekend:
                    Lowell Fulsom &quot;The Ol&#39; Blue Singer&quot; (Granite) - Los Angeles based small press blues funk LP from &#39;76

Steve Davis &quot;Music&quot; (RCA) - beautiful soul jazz album wit ha couple songs sung in french for some reason

Rotary Connection &quot;Aladdin&quot; (Cadet concept) - double

Rotary Connection &quot;Hey Love&quot; (Cadet Concept) - Double

Billy Vaughan &quot;Windmills of Your Mind&quot; (Dot) - great cover of the tune &quot;spooky&quot;

Vast Majority &quot;Move It&quot; (D&amp;M) - I Think D&amp;M was Leo Mullers thing here in the US, please ocrrect me if I&#39;m wrong. Anyways good late 70&#39;s disco funk album.

Rustix &quot;Bedlam&quot; (Rare Earth) - funky rock LP

Henry Jackson Company &quot;Just Being Alive&quot; (Myrrh) - was sealed I gotta say I was pretty dissapointed in thsi one. His earlier stuff on the Stax subsidiary Gospel Truth is pretty nice.

Kung Fu OST (Warner Brothers) Music &amp; Dialogue from the David Carradine TV show

Stu Gardner &amp; the Sanctified Sound&quot; (Volt)

Ebonys &quot;S/T&quot; (Philadelphia Int&#39;l) - sweet soul LP that I havent given a full listen to yet, but seems promising

Stevie Wonder &quot;Songs in the Key of Life&quot; (Tamla) - Picked one up after realizing I didn&#39;t have a copy  

Franck Pourcel &quot;Plays Midnight Cowboy&quot; (Paramount) - moody nice ocver of Serge Gainsbourgs &quot;J&#39;taime...&quot;

Rare Earth &quot;Answers&quot; (Verve) first album by this group...surprisingly funky

Georges Garvarentz &quot;Killer Force OST&quot; (Audio Fidelity) - whitesploitation looking film score. 2 nice tunes

Donna Washington &quot;Going For the Glow&quot; (Capitol) - 1981 release by he. Over the last few motnhs I&#39;ve become a total sucker for female modern soul

Ruby Andrews &quot;Genuine Ruby&quot; (ABC) - sweet soul and disco outing. Not bad, but not great either.

Stairsteps &quot;Second Ressurection&quot; (Dark Horse) - Keni Burke and company do a pretty good modern soul LP. Double

Monkees &quot;Head OST&quot; (Colgems) - double
                    12&quot;s

Patrick Adams &quot;Michael Medley&quot; (Mirage) Black Ivory dude covres the king of pop circa 1984

Nona Hendrix &quot;Transformation&quot; (RCA) - picked this up because it sounded a loot better on the portable than it did on my home stereo
                    Guzzo, if you don&#39;t like the nona Hendryx I know people that would take it off your hands. It&#39;s a great record, that, if a little derivative of Gace Jones&#39; finer hours.
                    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

As I now live in Sweden, In some reason there&#39;s a lot of US stuff here:

Joe Thomas -&quot;Here I come&quot;

Leon Haywood -&quot;Party&quot; 12&quot;

Johnny Bristol -Love no longer has a hold on me 12&quot;

Kano -Another Life 12&quot;

Nile Rodgers-Adventures in the land of the groove

Finished Touch -Need to know you better

Hot -Strong together

Lalo Schifrin -Rock Requiem (Spare)

Rune Gustafsson -Out of my bag (Spare) One strong jazz-funk track

and

Technics -SL23A in mint condition for 10&#036;.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Funky Tee @ Sep. 20 2004,10:30)]As I now live in Sweden, In some reason there&#39;s a lot of US stuff here:

Joe Thomas -&quot;Here I come&quot;

Leon Haywood -&quot;Party&quot;  12&quot;

Johnny Bristol -Love no longer has a hold on me 12&quot;

Kano -Another Life 12&quot;

Nile Rodgers-Adventures in the land of the groove

Finished Touch -Need to know you better

Hot -Strong together

Lalo Schifrin -Rock Requiem  (Spare)

Rune Gustafsson -Out of my bag (Spare)  One strong jazz-funk track

and

Technics -SL23A in mint condition for 10&#036;.
                        Regarding Kano, check out the other side (&quot;Dance School&quot;, innit?). Nice bit of soulful 80s boogie bizness.
                        Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Sep. 20 2004,11:40)].
                          Regarding Kano, check out the other side (&quot;Dance School&quot;, innit?). Nice bit of soulful 80s boogie bizness.[/QUOTE]
                          Only remixes of &quot;Another life&quot; I don&#39;t like it that much, do you know if it&#39;s rare or something?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Funky Tee @ Sep. 20 2004,10:42)]
                            Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Sep. 20 2004,11:40)].
                            Regarding Kano, check out the other side (&quot;Dance School&quot;, innit?). Nice bit of soulful 80s boogie bizness.
                            Only remixes of &quot;Another life&quot; I don&#39;t like it that much, do you know if it&#39;s rare or something?[/QUOTE]
                            That&#39;s a pity. I got a 7&quot; of &quot;Another Life&quot; recently. I don&#39;t really rate it but the other side is pretty good - soulful male vocal. Quite a surprise on a record which is (I believe) european in origin.
                            Endless Tripe

Comment

I think Kano was recorded in Italy, I&#39;ve heard some of his moore 80&#39;s booge stuff, and it&#39;s quite good&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X