Burton inc. lp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burton inc. lp question

Does anybody own or know anything about this LP?

Is this too obscure for you guys?

I thought you mofo's were deep?

WEAK!

Comment

looks American, if that's any help?
      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

I bought a suit from Burton Inc once.

It was in Bury St Edmunds rather than L.A. and they made me pay £ rather than $$$

Aside from that I can't help
        He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (breaks4days @ Sep. 21 2004,20:18)]Is this too obscure for you guys?

WEAK!
          Stop it already - I'm sure the strut will be up soon so you can galavant to your hearts content again.

The little I know about this is really reliant on the guy who owns it and the website he runs.

I've seen this record once for sale, other than the copy he has, and it was snapped up before I could get my hands on it. The seller that had it is reputable for later soul/modern soul/boogie/crossover materal - that's the sort of gear the website guy goes for.

So not really my sound, but I'ld say you're looking at around 1980 - 1981. Looks modern soul to me, so expect something along the same lines as the Klas 45.

Comment

Originally posted by [b

WEAK!
            Well if I did own this LP I would probably say something like:

"Here's an album that has something for everybody when it comes to musical taste. This album has funk, jazz, disco and ballad influenced tracks which are all good. There's no indication as to the year of release but it sounds late 70s to early 80s and appears to have come from Oklahoma City.

"LA will make you pay" is the more funky cut while "Who you gonna get" is a midtempo killer. "You know i love you" a modern soul dancer."

Can we get back to the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre now?
            He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Sep. 22 2004,09:52)]Can we get back to the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre now?
              Dead against it !
              People forget that traders need
              access to!
              ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
              Dixons !

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Sep. 22 2004,09:52)]Well if I did own this LP I would probably say something like:

"Here's an album that has something for everybody when it comes to musical taste. This album has funk, jazz, disco and ballad influenced tracks which are all good. There's no indication as to the year of release but it sounds late 70s to early 80s and appears to have come from Oklahoma City.

"LA will make you pay" is the more funky cut while "Who you gonna get" is a midtempo killer. "You know i love you" a modern soul dancer."

Can we get back to the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre now?
                Was that from the website, Hadrian??!!

Hahahahahaha - I didn't even see that!!

Predictable stuff, I guess.

Comment

Paul Phillips one?

I'm not going to get a from anyone for that am I?

Yep, that's what he said.

The kind of stuff he has is right up my limp wristed soul alley, Bloody hard to find a lot of it though. In Suffolk anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Belson @ Sep. 22 2004,09:02)]
                    Originally posted by [b

WEAK!
                    Stop it already - I'm sure the strut will be up soon so you can galavant to your hearts content again.

The little I know about this is really reliant on the guy who owns it and the website he runs.

I've seen this record once for sale, other than the copy he has, and it was snapped up before I could get my hands on it. The seller that had it is reputable for later soul/modern soul/boogie/crossover materal - that's the sort of gear the website guy goes for.

So not really my sound, but I'ld say you're looking at around 1980 - 1981. Looks modern soul to me, so expect something along the same lines as the Klas 45.

:hicks:
                    This record is really really really good. Every track is killer. Several great dance/play-out tunes.

I know that if you UK heads heard it you would slit my throat for a copy.

But since I am against violence I would be more than happy to trade a copy.

Get at me if you want to be the first person on your little imperialist island with this record : )

Nate B

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (breaks4days @ Sep. 24 2004,14:28)]your little imperialist island
                      Dear Mr Kettle, YS Mr Pot.

Watched the news lately, mate?
                      Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (breaks4days @ Sep. 24 2004,14:28)]This record is really really really good. Every track is killer. Several great dance/play-out tunes.

So, let me get this straight.

You ask if anyone know anything about this record, yet you already own said LP and like it alot.

You'd get a bit further perhaps, if you posted the information that you already know and gave people a bit more to go on, rather than engaging is some sort of 'who's got the biggest penis' match, with an obscure(ish) US LP.

I don't think I need to hear it to want to opt in to the latter  
                        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Sep. 24 2004,14:35)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (breaks4days @ Sep. 24 2004,14:28)]your little imperialist island
                          Dear Mr Kettle, YS Mr Pot.

Watched the news lately, mate?
                          Mr, Pot's first name isn't Pol is it by any chance?
                          http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Can't pot, won't pot.
                            Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Sep. 24 2004,14:52)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (breaks4days @ Sep. 24 2004,14:28)]This record is really really really good. Every track is killer. Several great dance/play-out tunes.

So, let me get this straight.

You ask if anyone know anything about this record, yet you already own said LP and like it alot.

You'd get a bit further perhaps, if you posted the information that you already know and gave people a bit more to go on, rather than engaging is some sort of 'who's got the biggest penis' match, with an obscure(ish) US LP.

I don't think I need to hear it to want to opt in to the latter  
                              We learned Imperialism from the best.

But i'm not trying to get political here as I'm merely joking 'bout the imperialism. I am personally disgraced by our Nations actions. But enough about that.

Regarding the "large penis" comment, I was simply trying to gauge what people know about this record before I came out and said I have a copy.

Everytrack is great. There is funk, disco and soul influences at play. It's a private press LP, only 500 pressed and only distributed locally, made by a husband/wife/son team, recorded in their basement. They are also ex-members of the funk outfit Messengers Inc. which recently had a track comped on the Midwest Funk release.

Is that enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X