• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velvet fogg

any one know what this LP is like?
    On Pye from '69.
    Got offered a copy.
    Price wise they were looking at £40.00 ish.
    They have the same fondness as Elephants Memory & Isis for body painting.

Cheers
    Boney
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

didn't do much for me (apart for the painted jubblies on the cover ). The organ instrumental is the flip to their only 45. twee popsike really, infact very twee in places and a BeeGees cover or two I seem to recall. It's been bootlegged as a near identical (laminated sleeve kosher matt sleeve not) and one of those 80s legit labels like Decal/Acme/SeeForMiles did a reissue with extra tracks. I'd steer clear at that price but it's been a few years since I sold my copy on so my tastes may have changed.....not helpful I know!
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Used to have this years ago, but seem to recall it being pretty uninspiring on the whole: do remember quite liking &#39;Yellow Cave Woman&#39; as a bluesy rock outing, but not heard it for 10 years or more, so memories are probably a bit vague...as Col says, I remember it being pretty twee on the whole (wizards, pixies, &#39;New York Mining Disaster&#39; &amp; all) and pretty derivative musically. Classic sleeve, though.
      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Nice one guys.

Ill take your advice I think, although the sleeve is fairly tempting.
        My friend/dealer who has it, who is&#39;nt really into music &amp; just sells, said &quot;there all right aint they, (reference the jugs), would&#39;nt of minded seeing them in concert&quot;.

Did pick up a coverless Latin Bogaloo by Charlie Palmiere on UK &amp; a few other bits &amp; bats of little note.

Should really start a separate thread for this but people must check out the new Marco Di Marco &amp; Nathan Haines LP, heard it on CD today &amp; its blinding stuff, Ill have 2 of those on vinyl mr shop keeper&#33;
        You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

I, too, used to have the Velvet Fogg, thought it was crap... sold it. It&#39;s probably the same copy&#33;
          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Is it the same band that did the &#39;Trippin&#39;&#39; 45? I like that.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

London Fogg, Lee. Back of the class...
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Sep. 27 2004,11:02)]London Fogg, Lee. Back of the class...  
                So harsh, you proud Priscilla owner, you.

Comment

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Belson @ Sep. 27 2004,11:12)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Sep. 27 2004,11:02)]London Fogg, Lee. Back of the class...  
                    Well, not counting my chickens &#39;til it arrives but I wasn&#39;t going to let that one pass me by. And cheers to you for introducing her to me. 
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Sep. 27 2004,11:47)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Belson @ Sep. 27 2004,11:12)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Well, not counting my chickens &#39;til it arrives but I wasn&#39;t going to let that one pass me by. And cheers to you for introducing her to me. 
                      And a damn good price (soz about the pun) considering the only other one for sale at the mo, is at £300.

Comment

Blimey&#33;

Comment

?
                          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

No John, more like.....

Comment

Working...
                            X