Storage solutions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage solutions....

I'm having to put most of my records into storage some time soon (a little Brewster is on the way ). The record room is no more... Has anyone got any ideas where I can get simple cardboard boxes that hold around 50 12s/LPs? I'll need well over 100.

Also, any ideas on storage companies etc. Which are good, bad? There's a Shurgard and Big Yellow near to me, but anyone got experience/advice?
    http://www.djhistory.com

I've used a BigYellow site before - they were fine - was given this tip beforehand though: find out how many empty units they have there. If they've got a lot of emptiness going on you can negotiate a cheaper price.
    I got 40% off on a 6 month contract (15sqft room)

Congratulations on the loss of your record room btw!
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Mr LadyBoyGrimsby,

Congratulations on the baby. Very good news.

I believe Mr Hadrian Elephant has a storage facility.
      records - one a week mixcloud
      records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]I believe Mr Hadrian Elephant has a storage facility.
        A trunk?

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Hey&#33; Congratulations Bill&#33;&#33;

I wonder how long it&#39;ll be til the new arrival starts enquiring about getting your records *out* of storage?
          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

i&#39;ve no idea about storage solutions, but congrats bill&#33;

now i&#39;m expecting you to write a book along the lines of &quot;how to bring up children properly&quot;, with maybe an accompanying 12&quot; single.

Comment

i got loads of export shipping cardboard boxes they hold 100 records, they fold down but are big n bulky, but strong..youre welcome to em, but i dunno how ya gonna get em ,they may be to big for the post&#33;&#33;
              www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 22 2004,10:31)]I&#39;m having to put most of my records into storage some time soon (a little Brewster is on the way ). The record room is no more... Has anyone got any ideas where I can get simple cardboard boxes that hold around 50 12s/LPs? I&#39;ll need well over 100.

Also, any ideas on storage companies etc. Which are good, bad? There&#39;s a Shurgard and Big Yellow near to me, but anyone got experience/advice?
                Congratulations Bill....

I was walking past my local &#39;SafeStore&#39; yesterday and they had some boxes which looked the same size as the generic &#39;book boxes&#39; that I previously got from the removals company when I moved house (ideally sized for records, hold about 60-ish). They were about £5 for a pack of 3 though, although I&#39;d imagine you might be able to get a bulk discount.
                Matt Hero

Comment

nice one bill, congratulations on the young&#39;un&#33;

a mate had the contents of an entire storage unit stolen from one of the major self-storage companies. after investigation it turned out to be an inside job, and they were doing it pretty regularly. this guy&#39;s tip was to make sure you keep going and checking on your unit regularly - i&#39;m sure you&#39;ll be doing so but it&#39;s worth mentioning just in case...
                  http://www.blaxploitation.com
                  Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

congrats Bill&#33;

Ed, i don&#39;t see how regularly checking (whilst advisable) is going to help though, unless they take them bit by bit?

would writing boring stuff on the boxes, e.g. &#39;Accounts 1991/92&#39; or similar, help? make them think it&#39;s just crappy paperwork that is weighing a ton.

Comment

mike, regularly checking just means that the guys who run the place know that you&#39;re gonna find out quickly if your stuff is pinched, and then make a fuss.

our mate&#39;s unit was untouched for 6 months or more, so they obviously thought it was going to be left alone for a long while and apparently moved the boxes out over a long period of time to avoid suspicion.
                      http://www.blaxploitation.com
                      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

cheers, makes sense&#33; brain totally dead today...

Comment

Congrats on the new addition bill.

As for storage i know nothing &#33;
                          Whats you&#39;re style ?

Comment

Stick your worst lps at either end and put them all in a binbag before you stick them in the box. I&#39;ve just opened my hoard after being away for a year and nearly fudged my kecks when I found mouse confetti in the box. Fortunately the mouse only went for the Pal Joey soundtrack I nicked off my mam. Then it died. Its mummified corpse now serves as a warning to other vinyl mulchers.
                            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Congrats on the LBG (little boy or girl) LBG.

There&#39;s a company that advertise in record collector who do cardborad LP storage boxes.The boxes are pretty good, with lift off lids, but they work out pretty dear.
                              Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                              X