Wendy and bonnie skye records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wendy and bonnie skye records

is the wendy of this duo... wendy kolac??
    www.budgetbeats.com

Well, the surname on the LP is 'Flower', but I'm guessing that probably isn't true. Indeed, were they really sisters ?
    Matt Hero

Comment

hmm maybe i wont buy this wendy kovac lp then, ta Matt
      www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

No, they were sisters, and were actually (and, in 1969, rather fortuitously) named Wendy & Bonnie Flower as far as I'm aware (both probably have other married surnames these days, which might confuse things a little*). And you should get this - one of the best LPs of its kind ever issued anywhere IMHO...and fairly rare, as Skye went bankrupt very soon after its release (it's since been reissued by Sundazed with demos and extra tracks). Think brilliant, driving jazzy soft-psych/sunshine pop. I'm biased, but...amazing LP.

EDIT: * Just checked: Wendy's married name is Freeman, apparently, and her releases since the W&B days have been mainly aimed at kids (a self distrubuted cassette called 'My Pet Songs' produced to tie into her puppetry and music act is mentioned in the reissue sleevenotes). Bonnie's married surname is Bolfango, I believe, and she works as a musician in LA still...
        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

ive just looked at a picture of wendy from wendy and bonnie [theres one on ebay as we speak]and it is wendy kovac, so i am gonna get it!!! thats weird
          www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

tell me this aint the same woman, she even poses the same

wendy and bonnie
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....26&rd=1

bonnie kovac
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MEWA:IT
            www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Definitely a similarity, but Bonnie (if I'm not mistaken) is the dark haired one in the duo...

Mind you, that Kolok LP looks worth a punt anyway at that price!
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

[Matt grabs trusty notebook]

Well, I did say I thought 'Flower' wasn't their likely real surname.....
                Matt Hero

Comment

got stuck in traffic and missed it anyway...i always thought the dark haired one was a boy$^!!
                  www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Well, if it is her, she's keeping it a secret....
                    Matt Hero

Comment

I remember reading in the Sundazed CD booklet that one of the Flower sisters got a offering to join The Bangles back at the time but she finally declined.

Comment

wendy kolac? bonnie kovac?
                        what drugs have you been takin this week chris?
                        bonnie KOLOC did 5 or 6 lps for dick schorys Ovation label.
                        wheras Wendy and Bonnie flowers were two young girls (13 and 17) who made one of the best hippie rock lp's (and nice a nice 45) of all time (heavily inspiring stereolab)
                        kati KOVAC however is a hungarian Elaine Page who hosted TV shows and ALMOST made some good LPs with locamotive.. etc

BTW got the other 2 LPs by laura this week (white funk) and RIIINNNCCCED HAIRY at the weekend
                        (try and get some of those yoko-ono 'titbags' and put em on ebay... easy money)
                        kraut rock ist nicht tot!
                        http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
                        http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

well thats cleared that one up....shit i turned down all me yoko freebies on principle that shes a dik...but if i knew i could of made $$ damnnn
                          www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (DOKO*ENO @ Sep. 24 2004,11:52)]bonnie KOLOC did 5 or 6 lps for dick schorys Ovation label.
                            Might as well ask if any of them are worth getting? Looks femme-folky, but is it good bad or indifferent femme folky?

Comment

what £10 records that ive passed over did you get in hairy recs you cheeky mancz
                              www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Working...
                              X