Shawn lee's ping pong orchestra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn lee's ping pong orchestra

Just got loaned a promo copy of a new album called Music & Rhythm in supposedly Vol. 1 in the Ubiquity Studio Sessions series. All tracks between 2 and 2 and a half minutes and basically a very good pastiche of euro library funk.

Just on track 18 Das Booty now. Its making me    which is good as I'm still at work.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

so you recommend it then? I've seen it at the store but couldn't bring myself to buy it. perhaps i'll try and find some soundclips online.

Comment

If you reckon you'd like it then, price depending, go for it. I just got a loan so it was an easy decision for me.

Read the sleeve notes as it certainly does what it claims to do.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

i got this thanks to you, great lp! beats the shit out of most of todays instrumental samplebased stuff.

Comment

I picked up a copy of this last week after hearing it in Dusty's. Sounded great while flipping through the racks. It grows on you the more you listen to it with a definitive Italian lib influence. Sammy's Theme is a corker - great base line with some very nice I Cantori Moderni shit going on.

Comes recommended especially if it's only 10 smackers back home.

Comment

Working...
          X