• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mokka
    Animated Egg
    • Sep 2003

Dre and burt is finally happening

from NME:

One of the most prolific songwriters of the 20th century has teamed up with DR DRE to bring some ‘cutting edge’ to his music.
    The hip-hop producer has created the beats to three tracks on Burt
    Bacharach’s next album, which is due for release in 2005. Bacharach - who has a songwriting career of over 50 years – told the Denver
    Post: "It's a challenging, freeing feeling to take an existing format —
    like these rigid, four-bar loops — and to see what you can write on top of it."
    He added: "It's hard and challenging too, because it does have some
    restrictions." The release will mark the first album of new original songs from Bacharach since 1977’s ’Futures’. Best known for penning for Dusty Springfield, Dionne Warwick and The Carpenters, the songwriter has worked with Elvis Costello and Noel Gallagher in recent years – as well as appearing in cameo role for the 'Austin Powers' films.
    Bacharach will release the album through Sony England after the label approached the star about doing a "cutting edge" record. He said: "I had got together with Dre about a year and a half ago and talked about doing something for the album that we never did. Then he gave
    me the loops, and when I decided to do this album for Sony England, it seemed a natural fit."
    The legend however is keen to dismiss any rumours that he making a hip-hop album, describing the new music as tapping into his jazz and classical roots.
    According to MTV News, a spokesperson for a Dr Dre had no comment on the collaboration with Bacharach. As previously reported on NME.COM, Dr Dre has said that his next album - Â’The DetoxÂ’ - will be his final LP.
    er
  • Martin Lovegrove
    Electric Prunes
    • Mar 2003

"Raindrops keep falling on my Beeyatch"?
    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

• Martin Lovegrove
      Electric Prunes
      • Mar 2003

"Do you know the way to Compton"?
      Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

• **kidsaer**

"music to watch girls driveby"!

Comment

• Palmer_Eldrich
          Animated Egg
          • Apr 2003

Burt 2001
          Go on wit'cha bad elf

Comment

• vibra
            Electric Banana
            • Sep 2002

"Wives and Niggaz"
            Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

• mokka
              Animated Egg
              • Sep 2003

This Lil' Ghetto Boy's in Love with You
              Make It Eazy-E on Yourself
              er

Comment

Working...
              X