Paroni paakkunainen - ufology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paroni paakkunainen - ufology

What album is this on? It was on a VV CD (Mokka, maybe?) The only info I can find is in Finnish and my Finnish is rubbish (non-existent, actually), though I did once see Leningrad Cowboys Go America once.
    http://www.djhistory.com

Hi, sorry I don't know which album this track is on (if any) but just had to add that I've been trying to track down some of his stuff for a while now. found a discography in finnishhere: http://www.elvisry.fi/012004/baron.html luckily my girlfriend is finnish and manged to translate most of it but didn't manage to identify that track... guess Amino or Mokka are the people who can help you out...
    www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Quite a rare tune that one..it's not on any of Paakkunainen's own records, but a track composed by him appearing on a Finnish record called:

Finnish Big Band Jazz: No Comments (Polarvox)

Released in 1977.

Hope this helps..

Comment

Where did you hear that track? Maybe on Sampo's "Scandinavia 70" CD?
        The LP is called Finnish Big Band jazz:"No Comments". It was released only in Finland. I think the year was 1975 or 1977. The label is Polarvox (KJL 30). It's quite odd that the LP is so rare even here in Finland, bacause other Polarvox titles are easy to find here.
        The orchestra is conducted by Kaj Backlund. Heikki Sarmanto has also at least one tune on that LP. Maybe someone else can give you more info..

edit: seamus answered at the same time  

Comment

It was on my easter mix tape. Seamus and Ilkka already gave you the rest of the information which could also be found on my easter mix sleeve as small print under the song name.

As already said, it's really hard to find even back here in Finland and I only have the record without sleeves so can't help you with the picture

And greetings from San Francisco to everyone. Amoeba was huge...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (amino @ Sep. 24 2004,10:02)]It was on my easter mix tape. Seamus and Ilkka already gave you the rest of the information which could also be found on my easter mix sleeve as small print under the song name.

As already said, it's really hard to find even back here in Finland and I only have the record without sleeves so can't help you with the picture  

And greetings from San Francisco to everyone. Amoeba was huge...
            Thanks for the info everyone. Amino, sorry, I loaded all my fave tunes from the mixes into a VV file on iTunes, so I'd forgotten who put that on their mix. What a great record!

Comment

This LP is on Nick The Record's latest list at £125.

Comment

I also saw it on Japanies salelist with 38,000 jens which is round and about 285 euros...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 29 2004,17:05)]This LP is on Nick The Record's latest list at £125.
                  i picked it up from mark res last year sometime for about £20.

either i got a complete bargain, or it's shot up in value as everyone's picked up on the ufology track, although it's a nice album throughout. probably the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (vinylism @ Sep. 30 2004,19:28)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 29 2004,17:05)]This LP is on Nick The Record's latest list at £125.

either i got a complete bargain, or it's shot up in value as everyone's picked up on the ufology track, although it's a nice album throughout.  probably the latter.
                    Sob.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 30 2004,21:02)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Originally posted by [b

either i got a complete bargain, or it's shot up in value as everyone's picked up on the ufology track, although it's a nice album throughout.  probably the latter.
                      Sob.
                      oops, sorry i didn't mean to rub it in.. i just meant it's probably worth being patient as i'm sure it's not worth the current asking price in rarity terms..

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (vinylism @ Oct. 01 2004,01:46)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 30 2004,21:02)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Originally posted by [b

Sob.
                        oops, sorry i didn't mean to rub it in.. i just meant it's probably worth being patient as i'm sure it's not worth the current asking price in rarity terms..
                        I couldn't agree more with you Sir.

It's nice album, but well over priced and after all it's one tracker as far as you are considering obscure stuff...

Btw. In Finnish price guide it's valued for 18 euros which sounds reasonable compared to those prices above. But the truth is that it's really rare even here in Finland as said earlier.

Comment

Working...
                        X