Top of the pops lps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top of the pops lps

These are pretty much terra icognita as far as I'm concerned but i know some of you lot dabble in them. So I thought I would mention that a large collection of them, dating from the 60s to the 80s has turned up in a local charity.

If there's anything in particular that anyone's looking for, give me shout and I'll nip down and take a look for you (the quicker the better - I might not be able to get down there for a couple of weeks after today).

Oh and there was bloke clutching a notebook hovering nervously over me as I was going through them!
    Endless Tripe

Cheers mate. Not sure if I've missed the boat, but a couple of these sorts of things I'd definitely be interested in are:

Chartbusters Again from 1970 relased on the Marble Arch label
    Top of the Pops Vol 91 from 1982 released on the Hallmark label

And if it's all to late, well that'll teach me to be quicker next time!

Thanks again
    Peter from Oz

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (PeteQuoFan @ Sep. 27 2004,09:43)]Cheers mate.  Not sure if I've missed the boat, but a couple of these sorts of things I'd definitely be interested in are:

Chartbusters Again from 1970 relased on the Marble Arch label
      Top of the Pops Vol 91 from 1982 released on the Hallmark label

And if it's all to late, well that'll teach me to be quicker next time!

Thanks again
      What's on Vol 91? I grabbed all the 80s ones when I was in there (I think I read somewhere that these are the more collectable ones for those who are into 'em).
      Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Sep. 27 2004,10:11)]What's on Vol 91? I grabbed all the 80s ones when I was in there (I think I read somewhere that these are the more collectable ones for those who are into 'em).
        My other half got something in the region of £50 on eBay recently for a Vol 91, Vol 92 seems to go for just slightly over that. Sold the 'Best of 1984' (with the Sam Fox cover, it is between Vol 91 & Vol 92) and I think that went for about a fiver.

Funny market for TOTP. Never sure whether it is the 'Cheecake' factor that really sells then, or just the 'gotta catch 'em all' mentality.
        Matt Hero

Comment

The particular track I'm looking for on Vol 91 is Dear John - a cover of the original Status Quo single from that year (1982).

Because that particular LP - Vol 91 - is now so rare and expensive, I may never get hold of it.  Given all that, I guess even an mp3 of Dear John would still be great to have!  Would be interested to hear what the Top of the Pops team did with this slice of Quo!

Cheers
          Peter from Oz

Comment

Okay mate, I'll have a look for you tonight.
            Endless Tripe

Comment

Much appreciated mate - thanks!
              Peter from Oz

Comment

Working...
              X