X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 03 2004,23:18)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Oct. 03 2004,21:46)]Sermad you dirty dog!

Honestly, it's been totally taken out of context.......
    ??
    Your signature Serms, your signature (not wishing to draw attention to it like)
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

V/A: Funky Bottom Congregation (leg. lp for old soul gits)
        King Reggie&#39;s Allstars; (fontana LP) inc. mindblowing &quot;Swan Lake&quot; (McNair?) New discovery?
        Deram World of Soul Power: Inc Clyde McPhatter &quot;Only a fool&quot;&quot; - just my type of depressing, barely danceable, n, soul.
        China Burton: &quot;You Don&#39;t Care About My Love&quot; (Logo 12&quot Strings&#33;&#33; Fantastic UK only(?) new disco discovery(?)
        Last Poets &quot;Oh My People&quot; LP (Title track).
        Eddie Kendricks &quot;Date With The Rain&quot; (So far up my street it&#39;s parked outside me house, sounding its horn)
        Manfredo Fest &quot;Jungle Kitten&quot; (Flute&#33; Keys&#33;&#33;Tune&#33;&#33;&#33
        Brian Bennett &quot;Voyage&quot; LP
        Nancy Wilson &quot;Come Get to This&quot; LP Ace.
        Harlequin Four&#39;s &quot;Set it Off&quot; (Jus&#39; Born 12&quot. Awesome. (Shame about that stray apostrophe).
        Emotions &quot;Flowers&quot; (Extended promo 12&quot; -never seen this before}
        Oliver Cheetham &quot;Mama Said&quot; 12&quot;
        V/A Ric Tic Relics LP (Another one for the old soul twats like me)
        Jimmy Fontana Allora Si ( Italian RCA  7&quot Not funky, or anything, but fascinating. Early Ennio Morricone prod with all his spag. soundtrack hallmarks already in place.
        John Miles &quot;Slow Down&quot; (Decca 7&quot. Slept on funky rock, Available absolutely everywhere.
        Billie &quot;Nobody&#39;s Business&quot; 12&quot;....

Twenty quid the lot.

There are quite a few more but it&#39;s getting a bit late for namin&#39; vinyl and making smart comments,,,,
        Endless Tripe

Comment

That&#39;s a great haul S.O.S

Was the Date With The Rain a 12&quot;?

If so

Plus, am I the only other person on this board who has purchased and liked that Oliver Cheatham 12&quot;?

Quality 80&#39;s soul
          He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

i managed to pick these up at the weekend-

the pointer sisters- same (bluethumb)

michael nesmith&amp;the first national band-loose salute(rca)

ray coniff-send in the clowns(cbs)
            &quot; &quot; -if you leave me now(cbs)
            &quot; &quot; -without you(cbs)(thanks to fellow vultures for puttin me onto these&#33

ian carr with nucleus-labyrinth (vertigo)

the left banke-walk away renee (smash)

kraftwerk-tour de france 12&quot; (emi)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Oct. 04 2004,09:01)]Plus, am I the only other person on this board who has purchased and liked that Oliver Cheatham 12&quot;?
              wich version was it ?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (pokester @ Oct. 04 2004,14:50)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Oct. 04 2004,09:01)]Plus, am I the only other person on this board who has purchased and liked that Oliver Cheatham 12&quot;?
                wich version was it ?
                If memory serves me right it wasn&#39;t a cover.

I have it on UK Move 12&quot; with a piss poor drawing of our Oliver on t&#39;front.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Oct. 04 2004,15:22)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (pokester @ Oct. 04 2004,14:50)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  wich version was it ?
                  If memory serves me right it wasn&#39;t a cover.

I have it on UK Move 12&quot; with a piss poor drawing of our Oliver on t&#39;front.
                  Yep. That&#39;s the one. Not a cover version more of a cover aversion.

BTW the Kendricks is just some naff looking comp with it on. A 12&quot;? That&#39;d be nice but the 7&quot; is proving hard enough to pick up at the mo&#39;.
                  Endless Tripe

Comment

? The car boot sales in my area were diabolical. I almost vought a Slade album for 50p to exchange, but hesitated wen the seller (a big Russian sounding guy with a gap between his teeth and a lisp) insisted on a quid. &quot;I likke seeeeeth guys &#33;&#33;&quot;. Really?

Managed to find some small compensation in a charidee shop where I found the Beatles 64-67 and 67-70 comps plus Deep Purple &quot;Made In Japan&quot; 2LP for £1 each. More additions to the ever growing exchange pile &#33;

It was worth it just to get home and listen to the wife trying to sing along to &quot;Smoke On The Water&quot;.

Also got a crap 80&#39;s disco 12&quot; called The Scratch by Surface Noise, a lacklustre Francesco Di Masi soundtrack called Arizona Colt and a lameish library LP &quot;Zap-Bang-Pow&quot; (or something) by Paul Bley on Chappell from &#39;78. It does have a nice beat and one cool intro on it, so hopefully I can sell it to my sampling chum. . .

Received an original Morricone - Peur Sur La Ville in the post today. . looking forward to hearing that.

RE those library LP&#39;s, actually BRK9 - High Tension - isn&#39;t bad. I think it has some vaguely interesting late 70&#39;s funky stuff on it. . .not particularly great but probably worth 50p&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Viva Chiba @ Oct. 04 2004,17:12)]Also got a crap 80&#39;s disco 12&quot; called The Scratch by Surface Noise
                      oh, let me know if I can have it&#33;

Comment

I am proud to report that today I found a &quot;Hammond Gold&quot; (I won&#39;t spoil the surprise by reporting if it&#39;s a double, triple or a quadruple), Klaus Wonderlich &quot;Golden Sound Of Hammond&quot; (hang on, that&#39;s nearly the same as Hammond Gold - the one with Summertime if anyone fancies it) and a Readers Digest TV Spectacular box set. I was going to remove the TV Thrillers LP, but just couldn&#39;t do it after imagining the poor bugger who found the box minus the good LP&#33;&#33;&#33;

All in all, a good day&#39;s haul...
                        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

this weekend there was a brocante (french car boot sale) opposite my house, so i hauled out 400 library lps mostly all crap, expecting to get a vinyl hungry youngster to buy the lot - it didn&#39;t happen. but i did get a couple of &quot;light music&quot; fans after Roger Roger - so sales were ok. i did find one weirdo bit - can&#39;t remember where i seen before - it&#39;s: COOL CREATIONS OF ST. MAARTEN VOL.1 (jay records) anyone have any info?
                          a friend found a ROLAND TB303 for 1euro - he didn&#39;t know what it was but figured it was cool when i nearly passed out.
                          http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (iueke @ Oct. 04 2004,17:07)]he didn&#39;t know what it was but figured it was cool when i nearly passed out.

Second only in this thread to SoS&#39;s genre of &#39;depressing, barely danceable, northern soul&#39; - that&#39;s the best sort&#33;
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

fukkin shitty record findin bullshit i hit half a dozen good charity shops plus my ol faithful 2nd hand record shop knobend n only got shitty marketts shitty lp with a break on it, im gonna start collecting vases or fukkin train no plates infact fuck it im gonna start collecting es anyone got a 1994 dove for trade..records is shit
                              www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

PM&#39;d you about that &quot;Surface Noise&quot; Mr T.

Comment

Working...
                                X