The program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The program

Myself and Rich Hero dragged our lazy arses down to Left Hand Corner & Veris's gig 'The Program' in Reading last night.

Any Vultures/lurkers in the Berkshire area should try and get along there, it's a great night!

Nice to meet LHC, Veris, Jim 'The Batman' (with a flyer to hand of him DJing warmup for Rolling Stones & The Action gigs in Hereford in the 60's!!&#33 and Tom.

Board member Soul Fiend was guest for the night and played some darn good proggy/folky/souly things. He really should seek counceling for his pink shirt phobia though.....
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Seconded. If you're anywhere remotely near you really should give it a go.  
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

When is it? Is it a regular?

Comment

First Tuesday of every month. And we forgot to mention the hand crafted YSL-'Jazz'-flyer-box-thingies.
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

thirded. a really outstanding selection of lovely tunes.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

Great to see Hadrian Elephant and Rich Hero make the trip to The Program last night. Double thanks to Soul-Fiend coming down, with family, and playing a superb leftfield set.

Cheers.
            records - one a week mixcloud
            records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank every one who came down.

Hadrian and Rich for testing my knowledge of Readings Streets, at least you know where Marks&Spencers and the Oracle are located.

Soul fiend for his excellent set (sorry I had to leave early; I missed the 'Glastonbury' tune) and big thanks to his family for putting up with my set.

Not forgetting the regulars Jim, Tom, Spud and Anthony.

After the huge success of our 'hand crafted YSL-'Jazz'-flyer-box-thingies'; we are going to make them available in kit form. Soon you will be able to print and construct your own ' hand crafted YSL-'Jazz'-flyer-box-thingie' from 'the program' website.

We expect demand to be high so please be patient!

Watch this space

Comment

Yeah, Tuesday was really excellent, great to hear the Soul Fiend's cracking set, and to meet Rich and Hadrian. I'm looking forward to my first Fresh Brillo on Monday and meeting a few more record nuts! Viva la geeks!
                diggers with attitude

Comment

Good to see you on board Tom
                  records - one a week mixcloud
                  records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Tears of gratitude are falling here in soul-fiend towers, as I dip into my organic yoghurt and bask in the sunshine of your love.

Great bar tho' [very middle earth] and two of the loveliest hosts are found in Dean & Veris. Gentle atmosphere, although that was possibly the sweet soulful folkage. And I believe they sell good beer there too, but I was driving again! I really need to sort out losing that licence.

I shall return to Reading soon, with stereo vengeance..........next time I unleash zee full meat hamper of sound!

I AM THE CHEESE, I AM THE CHEESE, I AM THE CHEESE, I AM THE CHEESE, I AM THE CHEESE
                    it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (tommyboy @ Oct. 08 2004,02:05)]Yeah, Tuesday was really excellent, great to hear the Soul Fiend's cracking set, and to meet Rich and Hadrian. I'm looking forward to my first Fresh Brillo on Monday and meeting a few more record nuts! Viva la geeks!
                      Good to meet you too Tom. Welcome to the board!

Comment

Working...
                      X