The boban markovic orkestar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boban markovic orkestar

Anyone seen this lot live/got their cd's?

Here's a biog

http://www.piranha.de/records/englis.../art_boban.htm

And a clip of them live here:

http://www.mondomix.com/sm2003/jeudi/jeudi.htm

I really like what I've heard.
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

they used to play his music alot.. a few years ago in belgium
    i think the film underground did alot for him...

personaly i not a big fan of lots of crazy brass sounds ..

Comment

I don't know the Underground film. Was it a documentary?

I have only heard the clip that I posted on the board and I thought it was interesting (if a little repetitive).

I also stumbled across someone raving about their live performances on another web board.

Crazy brass sounds? I want to hear even more!
      He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Underground was an Emr Kusturica film that came out in about 95 - I forget the plot exactly - I remember it being fairly complicated but a pretty good film. The music in the film was great, they have the band as part of the film so they wander around after the actors whilst playing the soundtrack. The soundtrack was pretty dissapointing - overproduced for my liking - I can dub you a CD if you'd like but I don't think you'll like it much.
        Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Well that's me, 9 years behind the musical times....

Of course it comes from my soul days, I do it on purpose you know *ahem* I was going to start the serbian brass band rare groove movement - honest.

Ok I'd never heard of them before, cheers for the info chaps

Any other interesting current acts that everybody else has known about for ten years and I don't???

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Oct. 06 2004,15:36)]Well that's me, 9 years behind the musical times....

Of course it comes from my soul days, I do it on purpose you know *ahem* I was going to start the serbian brass band rare groove movement - honest.

Any other interesting current acts that everybody else has known about for ten years and I don't???
            Gimme a lift to Max's and I'll tell you.
            http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Oct. 06 2004,15:46)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Oct. 06 2004,15:36)]Well that's me, 9 years behind the musical times....

Gimme a lift to Max's and I'll tell you.  
              A lift to Max's you say?

Well we will have plenty of time to talk!!!

Comment

Working...
              X