Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch perverts

shit forgot about this...

back in the early days of this present hip hop revival ,8 odd years ago, the 1st hip hop dj crew that were really doin it was the scratch perverts: the most loved MR THING and the funniest dj ever FIRST RATE 2 guys who had the skills to pay the bills. As a team they were djing everywere and rightfully so coz they always rocked. After a couple of years of successfully riding the wave of the ever increasing popularity of hip hop [fondle em, rawcus, arsonists, mos def, juggernauts, stones throw, eastern con all the quality major lable stuff etc golden times] and firmly establishing themselves as the uks leading battle team, they decided to let other skilled djs join the group.
    i remember harry love playin with em for a while, prime cuts joined and after winning the ITF [i think thats what its called] they asked tony vegas to join..
    Pretty good idea you got four of the uks best djs in one team the scatch perverts! mr thing, ist rate, tony vegas and prime cuts.
    the reputation of the group got bigger and bigger as did the uk hip hop scene. 1st rate and mr thing had born the UKs first non rave super dj group and everything was looking rosey.

'men folk are weak and greedy' lord of the rings 2004

yeah believe me son ,while the perverts were competing in the itf team championships and winning hands down as a group, tony vegas was sneaking round copywring the scratch perverts name and setting up deals for just himself and prime cuts , 1st rate and mr thing didnt have a clue they were just happy djing with this there new super group.

when vegas had secured the copywrite to the scratch perverts name and set himself up with enough work he told thing and 1st rate they were no longer needed in the group, there group, they coudnt use the name 'the scartch perverts' there name theyd used for 5 years before vegas had joined and in a nutshell fuck off you had a great idea, worked hard to realise youre full dj potential and through years of hard graft and 1000s of people entertained youre now out the group coz im ripping you off, so what you gonna do about it and im not exaggerating.

so there you go a little expose of something that i thinks pretty deplorable. i hope this gets round and people stop booking the ahem 'scratch perverts' but who cares anyway coz they only play at cheesy raves these days. but to rip youre mates off esp when they put so much hard work into it and basically had been the scratch perverts for many years before vegas even had a sniff.

my mate used to share a flat with vegas and he didnt even know about this, such is the level of snideness involved..

so kids when you see posters for 'the scratch perverts' you know you aint getting the real deal, its a group built on lies and dishonesty.

and bottom line who could rip off mr thing possibly the most loved man in uk hip hop!! oh yeah tony vegas could
    www.budgetbeats.com

thanks Chris
    not sure what that has to do with the topics on this board but I'll be sure to bring it up with Tony (Vegas) and Joel (Prime Cuts) next time they play their regular slot at my 'cheesey rave' in November.
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

obviously they play quality funky nites like youres John but when they come to liverpool they do cream n stuff..like i say not many people know this and unbelievably its very true otherwise i woudnt of said it..1st rate and thing aint exactly hard guys either which is a shame and im quoting mr thing there
      www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

And sides, I don't think Thing is doing too bad for himself, touring the world and elsewhere with the Russian Percussion and Jazz Fudge roadshow.

Dunno what First Rate is up to, but it seems like it's worked out nicely for the other three. What's in a name?? I had to give up my artist name.......so I moved on.

Comment

yeah but if you started and built up over many years a successful business and then asked other guys to join and then they go behind ya back and force you out of that business, well you aint gonna be happy and whatever way you look at it, its a regular cunts trick!!!
          www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

maybe you should read the forum rules again mate.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ Oct. 07 2004,09:52)]maybe you should read the forum rules again mate.
              what i done? im sorry for using the c+++ word if thats what you mean, i cant see that ive broken the rules apart from the cussin

surely this is as relevent to vv as 'has anyone got shadows no' or 'dvds'
              www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

I thought everyone knew this. Very shady business all the same...
                http://wakeupanddie.com
                http://weirdgearnyc.com
                http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (TuckinFrat @ Oct. 07 2004,10:00)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ Oct. 07 2004,09:52)]maybe you should read the forum rules again mate.
                  what i done? im sorry for using the c+++ word if thats what you mean, i cant see that ive broken the rules apart from the cussin

I meant the 'Please have a laugh and keep the banter good natured' bit really.
                  No-one's mentioned the Perverts, there's been no post saying 'I wonder what this person's ethics are like'...I don't understand why you decided, out of the blue, to have a pop?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ Oct. 07 2004,10:07)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (TuckinFrat @ Oct. 07 2004,10:00)]
                    Originally posted by [b

I meant the 'Please have a laugh and keep the banter good natured' bit really.
                    No-one's mentioned the Perverts, there's been no post saying 'I wonder what this person's ethics are like'...I don't understand why you decided, out of the blue, to have a pop?
                    im not having a pop, its just some thing that nags at me coz i think a lot of 1st rate and mr thing and as a pair i loved there dj sets..

see what you mean bout the rules but by definition this can never be a good natured post, though you could argue its entertaining [coz people are reading it] and certainly informed and if i edited a music magazine id be stupid not to print such an interesting story, its like a soap.

most the guys on this forum all come from a hip hop background coz thats how they found this music and i think as a leading hiphop crew this fits in on vv nicely, so i woudnt say its out the blue. people talk about hip hop a lot on this site i just had a load of replys on this site to a hip hop want.

and we all love havin a good debate as your reply will verify.
                    www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Sorry to bring this back to the top, and it's not my business anyway but... The other thing to bear in mind is never to say anything online you wouldn't say to someone's face. You never know who's reading, and when you'll meet them in the *real* world. Not that I think you can't handle yourself Chris, but 'if you can't say something nice a bout someone best not say it at all' seems to be a good rule of thumb.  
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I would have to say that most people on this forum don't really come from a hip hop background! Soulstrut is way intune to this sort of deal.

The perverts had their day, even some cake - ate that - and now its all crumbs.
                        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Agree with most of the points urging caution in slating someone who may well just pop up when you&#39;re not expecting it and give you an effing good hiding, but I can&#39;t see any other reason why folk should be complaining about Tuckin&#39;s post.

Seems reasonable to me and any offence seems that it can only derive from possible cliques that may feature some of the personalities criticised.

I think notifying us of shady practices of folk we could feasably encounter on our musical travels is fair play. As long as it&#39;s not slanderous and therefore make the moderators liable, then why not?

By the way, that allegation that most of us are from a HipHop background truly hurt and I am consulting my legal team.
                          Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Oct. 07 2004,12:41)]nobody has twatted James Trouble to my knowledge
                            Well stand corrected then, sir.

Miss Shingaling..........twice.

Comment

Ah well....that&#39;s showbiz&#33;

I heard one of them once forgot to send a mothers&#39; day card too...or something.
                              Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                              X