New audi advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New audi advert

Bit off topic for me [as I dont usually even hear the muzak on most commercials] but anybody know who is behind this, it's a bit twisted which is always nice and it grooves, I think anyway.
    I was raised by wolves

Do you mean the one with the Fish car things??

that can be bought here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec....5187061 (Pendulum is the track).

On the subject of adverts, the Clarks music bods have obviously been digging in them crates, i was shocked to hear Tony Avlon & The Belairs - Sexy Coffee Pot thumping out my tv (or prehaps Brainfreeze strikes again).
    working together for better bass and treble

Comment

If its the ad I think it is, then its 'pendulum' by cinema recorded library - or something like that.

I have a 10" of theirs from a while back. Quite good. I know there is an lp but havent seen it. And I know they are on domino records (who a friend of mine works for).

Another friend of mine works for one of the biggest worldwide ad agencies. When they need music I always get asked - I heavily bigged up the hint lp to them. When I get woolies lp that'll get over there too - fingers crossed mate! That goes to anyone here - get me a promo cd and it'll get it sent over.

They are also looking for records with the lyric 'I want' that could possibly be cut/scratched up! If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Cheers Sermad but it&#39;s not that Fish one, it&#39;s the very latest one with the car going around this circular circuit [&#33;] if that makes sense, I&#39;m tired and it&#39;s been a long day.

The track for some reason reminded me of certain Placebo moments, but again it&#39;s late&#33; It sounded pretty bloody good to me inna kind of breakbeat way, very contemporary but drums deep enuf to hit you and keep you interested if you know what I mean, oooohhh it&#39;s really late&#33;

Anybody?
        I was raised by wolves

Comment

[QUOTE]On the subject of adverts, the Clarks music bods have obviously been digging in them crates, i was shocked to hear Tony Avlon &amp; The Belairs - Sexy Coffee Pot thumping out my tv (or prehaps Brainfreeze strikes again).

Clarks have a history of getting it right a fair bit, wicked advert although I cant help seeing the absurdity of the situation when I hear so many people who usually say &quot;nah, we could&#39;nt go to a club and listen to retro music all nite long&quot; check that advert and say &quot;wow, that tune is really funky, I wanna know what it is&quot;
          Adverts like that can sometimes do more for the UK funk scene than a thousand flyers dropped by Dickie Davis, free-falling naked from the world of sport aircraft over the west end on a busy Saturday lunchtime&#33;
          I was raised by wolves

Comment

Yeah right, Mr Clarks been digging deep alright, all the way to HMV with Mr KFC to buy a couple of northern soul and funk CDs... If they&#39;re not doing that, they&#39;re buying tracks of crappy, watered down shit that samples boring basslines from Blue Note comps (&#39;we&#39;re looking for something 70% Portishead 20% Lemon Jelly 10% utter shite&#39 for incredibly crap car adverts with fish or black horses, made with for the sole reason of winning fat yellow pencils and belong firmly in the 1980s... And they probably did that because they were too coked up to remember who made I Feel Good or Sex Machine...
            http://wakeupanddie.com
            http://weirdgearnyc.com
            http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Nick, for the love of god fella, stay away from Dean Street. I have a feeling that you might do something you might regret
              Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ 16 May 2003,09:53)]Yeah right, Mr Clarks been digging deep alright, all the way to HMV with Mr KFC to buy a couple of northern soul and funk CDs... If they&#39;re not doing that, they&#39;re buying tracks of crappy, watered down shit that samples boring basslines from Blue Note comps (&#39;we&#39;re looking for something 70% Portishead 20% Lemon Jelly 10% utter shite&#39 for incredibly crap car adverts with fish or black horses, made with for the sole reason of winning fat yellow pencils and belong firmly in the 1980s... And they probably did that because they were too coked up to remember who made I Feel Good or Sex Machine...
                Nick, Nick, Nick. I applaud you.

What a fantastically eloquent sound off - one of the better ones I&#39;ve read, period. Like an explosion of rant, and then it&#39;s gone.

Comment

speaking on the sexy coffee pot - obviously I dont own an original, but it sounds like they cut the break in - but did it badly. Sounds like it &#39;jump&#39;s

Nick - stay away from great tichfield st too...
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I&#39;m like that in the mornings&#33; And yeah, them edits are pretty shocking... But that&#39;s the average skill of a Soho editor for you.

Comment

Ah, I&#39;ve got a sneaky suspicion that you&#39;re down on the Audi fish &#39;cos it samples You Never Come Closer, Nick? Which I seem to remember you mentioning that you&#39;re after it??? Which was on a Blue Note comp...

Then there&#39;s that one that samples Jimi&#39;s intro to Voodoo Chile (dunno the actual track tho&#39. Is that the one you&#39;re after L-S-F?

And, talking of Tony Alvon, I was in Flashback on Sunday when two blokes come in and start chatting away loudly. One asked the other what that track was on the Clark&#39;s ad and then &#39;phoned a friend, who told him. They then proceeded to look through the 45 racks (apparently they already had it on LP?) looking for it. And anything that&#39;s not on the wall is 99p... It made me chuckle anyway (don&#39;t know if they found it).

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ 16 May 2003,11:00)]I&#39;m like that in the mornings&#33; And yeah, them edits are pretty shocking... But that&#39;s the average skill of a Soho editor for you.
                        Looks like the next Fresh Brillo session could be back at Soho then...this time armed with Baseball Bats with &quot;Trendy Media No-Nothing Twats&quot; written on them...??

Comment

LOL&#33;&#33;&#33;  

A field trip for the Fresh Brillo Militant Faction...
                          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ 16 May 2003,11:02)]Ah, I&#39;ve got a sneaky suspicion that you&#39;re down on the Audi fish &#39;cos it samples You Never Come Closer, Nick? Which I seem to remember you mentioning that you&#39;re after it??? Which was on a Blue Note comp...
                            I&#39;m down on the Audi Fish advert because its crap&#33; All that money based on the shit slogan &#39;drinks like a fish&#39;... and yes it does sample Doris but no, I&#39;m not after it. Quite happy with my re-issue&#33;

You should meet my flatmates sometime... every advert break I&#39;ll be there, shouting at the TV... One time they were watching the box while I was out and this Micra advert came on - the one with the giant blue lips spouting shit - Adam goes to Marta &#39;I hope Nick doesn&#39;t see this&#39; I did, and I flipped&#33;

I hate advertisers, mainly because they&#39;re total assholes with very few exceptions - I reserve the most potent venom for car ads... Most of these c**ts do sod-all all day and get paid handsomely - except for those who make ads for cosmetics, they seem to come up with a new thing, term or feature every week - that&#39;s an intense work rate, got to admire that - they&#39;re still twats though...

Comment

Don&#39;t remember which make of car it&#39;s for, but there&#39;s a pretty nice French beat/ye-ye track on the &#39;serious playtime&#39; ad with the Euro-couple jumping in fountains, arm-wrestling etc. Sounds sort of Brigitte Bardot, but I can&#39;t quite place the damn thing... anyone know?

Much as I&#39;m down with the Militant Faction on this one (no, advertising is not bleeding &#39;creative&#39;, you muppets ) that ad does cheer me up when it comes on. Sorry &#39;bout that.
                              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
                              X