Easter cd swap track info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter cd swap track info

Guys just ploughing through he Easter CD's and they are f*****g great!!!!!!!!! !! If the Xmas swap is half as good as these then bring it on!!

There are some tracks that I'd like some info if people are happy to share. If you'd rather keep your cards close to your chest then I understand. I'd like to know if these are 45's or LP's, cheap or expensive, etc. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions when I've heard the rest:

Ladyboy:

Bill where does the track Can't Get Back by Poor Boys come from? It's bloody great!

Dean and Veris:

Any info on the track Voodoo Man by Quartet Tres Bien, the track by Wadenius and The Midas Touch version of Viva Tirado.

Mr Hopkinson:

Firstly your Easter mix is unbelievible!! It really blow me away, love it. Anyway what LP is Chim Chim Cheree by Ray McVay from?

Cheebs:

Are these LP tracks or 45's? Rare or not?

The Charms - Soul Woman
    Richard's People - Something or Other
    8th day - It's Instrumental to be Free

Twisted Brain (Not sure who did this???)

Where is the Moog Power track by Hajime Tachibana from??

Amino:

Do you have any of the stuff from your CD to trade?

Hope no one minds me asking these questions

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Oct. 10 2004,15:43)]Twisted Brain (Not sure who did this???)

Where is the Moog Power track by Hajime Tachibana from??
    http://www.amazon.com/exec....=glance
    Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Thanks Brother Logic, I didn't realise it was a new recording. Whose CD was that btw?

Comment

'twas mine
        Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Oct. 10 2004,15:43)]what LP is Chim Chim Cheree by Ray McVay from?
          Glad you liked mix

That Chim Chim Cheree is from a rather unpromising looking lp called 'Return of The Champions' on RCA International (Camden) and looks like this . . .

Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Don't think I've seen that one before but I'll keep'em peeled.

The mix though was the best thing I've heard for ages, very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Oct. 10 2004,17:43)]Amino:

Do you have any of the stuff from your CD to trade?
              Hello,

Some stuff are easy to find as re-ish and some stuff in compilations. Basicly all the original singles are really hard to find as also the original LPs like Oiling Boilings, Paakkunainen and Soulset stuff and those are going for really big pile of euros if you could find one.

Oiling Boilings Happy Jazz Band LP has been reissued and the best tunes from that are also published as 12" couple of years back on Jazzpuu-label. Oiling Boilings s/t LP is really hard to find. All the Soulset stuff is also high priced gems that you just can't find from anywhere, specially the Souljumppaa album which is private press album for danceschool with very limited press. Also the No Comments big band compilation with Paakkunainens Ufology is hard to find and there's a thread about it couple of weeks back.

So those are the really hard and expensive ones. Others can be found, but nothings really cheap...

I've spares for both Pekka Streng albums, but Puutarhassa song is only floor filler and totally different kind of stuff than the rest of the albums. I also tracked down a spare for Tapani Kansa, but it's already reserved...

Let me know what you're most intrested and I let you know what I can came up with... Just send email.

Comment

Mark, it's from an album called Ain't Nothin' In Our Pocket But Love. Cheap and easy to find (there are a bunch on Netsounds now). The rest of the LP is crap.
                http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] ]Dean and Veris: Any info on the track Voodoo Man by Quartet Tres Bien, the track by Wadenius and The Midas Touch version of Viva Tirado.
                  llmod1,

Voodoo Man by Quartet Tres Bien is a 45 only track. It is backed with 'By The Time I Get To Phoenix'.  It should cost under a tenner.

Viva Tirado by The Mida Touch is on 45 but can also be found on an LP. The 45 backed with 'Fiddler On The Roof' and is cheap to get. It should cost under three pounds.

Mitt Sar by Wadenius is from an LP called Goda Goda. I found a cheap copy in Copenhagen. I am guessing this is another cheap to get LP.
                  records - one a week mixcloud
                  records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Oct. 10 2004,15:43)]Cheebs:

Are these LP tracks or 45's? Rare or not?

The Charms - Soul Woman
                    Richard's People - Something or Other
                    8th day - It's Instrumental to be Free

Cheers Mark!

They're all 45s .

The Charms -not sure what this goes for. The B-side is the instrumental and is by something like the BG Soul Brothers - I'm at work so I'll check back re. label - its U.S. issue

Richards People - is on TUBA (US). The flip is the vocal version call "Yo Yo" - last time I saw these they were around the £30 upwards mark. Top party action.

The 8th Day - a fairly easy one for under a tenner - it's on Invictus and is a Holland-Dozier-Holland production. Think it may be on a UK issue as well as a French picture sleeve...

Go for it...so are you in at yourself?

Comment

Richards people is a tricky bugger to get now! Doesn't pop on ebay or lists much. Causing me no end of grief getting it for cheap.
                      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

It turns up...
                        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Oct. 12 2004,14:45)]It turn&#39;s up...
                          Yes, but Serm&#39;s spelling is so bad his eBay searcher thingy can&#39;t find it.

PS Yours isn&#39;t any better either (turn&#39;s?)
                          http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Sorry teach&#33; (Can I still play the &#39;pednat&#39; joker or is that old now?). Still, at least my browser found it. Maybe I should&#39;ve aimed a little higher with the snipe...
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                            X