Pressing 7's and flexi's..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressing 7's and flexi's..

so, it seems a good few of you have experience in getting records pressed- i'm considering getting a 7" done, and was wondering if any of you have tips for someone who'e never done it before?

i've heard conflicting words about the czech plant, does anyone use alternatives?

i (obviously) want it to be as cheap as possible, will get it mastered properly, and am thinking of doing a run of around 300.. how difficult/necessary is it to get a proper distribution deal? the artists are not that well known, but i imagine there could be some demand for it in certain circles. would on online webshop effect sales wildly?

oh, and does anywhere do flexidiscs these days??

thanks all!

i believe the last plant that made flexidiscs closed down a year or two ago.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (hayes @ Oct. 13 2004,12:18)]so, it seems a good few of you have experience in getting records pressed- i'm considering getting a 7" done, and was wondering if any of you have tips for someone who'e never done it before?

i've heard conflicting words about the czech plant, does anyone use alternatives?

i (obviously) want it to be as cheap as possible, will get it mastered properly, and am thinking of doing a run of around 300.. how difficult/necessary is it to get a proper distribution deal? the artists are not that well known, but i imagine there could be some demand for it in certain circles. would on online webshop effect sales wildly?

oh, and does anywhere do flexidiscs these days??

thanks all!
      Hello Hayes

Most plants start at a run of 500, and as a standard deal that will usually work out much cheaper for you in the long run than a lesser 'custom' amount.

There are conflicting reports about all record pressing plants - this is because they tend to take on too much work, which causes delays and mistakes that end up giving them a bad name. Personally I'd go with GZ (the Czech plant), because they are very cheap in comparison to most, and they run a professional service. I've had problems with them but they got sorted out, eventually! I've used alternatives but I wouldn't really recommend them over GZ.

For a small run of records it's not necessary at all to get a 'proper' distribution deal (in terms of a contract). An alternative approach is to contact a few of the smaller indy distributors/exporters and get them to check out your record and see if they want to buy any, as well as selling your product directly to on-line and physical stores.

If you want any contact pointers or more advice feel free to PM me..
      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

cheers for the replies, vibra:- i'll send yoou an email soon.. am i right in thinking you do 7hills??

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (hayes @ Oct. 14 2004,13:13)]vibra:- i'll send yoou an email soon.. am i right in thinking you do 7hills??
          Yes indeed, 'tis I..
          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Working...
          X