Rock the vote!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock the vote!

Not music-related, but a subject close to a good few hearts here I suspect..

Want to see Bush out of the White House but frustrated that as a non-US citizen you can't vote? True - but you CAN influence a voter in a swing state! This is absolute genius - look here:

http://guardian.assets.digivault.co.uk/clark_county/

Yes, the idea of writing a letter to a total stranger trying to persuade them why they should vote Kerry may seem a bit of an effort, when you've got things to do and records to buy. But weigh it up against another four years of that moron in the hot seat. Bush won some of these states last year by a tiny percentage - maybe convincing a few people to change their minds might make all the difference. Indeed influencing some of them to vote at all would be good! You know it makes sense..

Also on a Moore entertaining note (geddit), I did enjoy this:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

I can understand how people want Bush and his fellow Nazis out of the Whitehouse but I seriously doubt installing another ultrawealthy blueblood Skull And Bones war monger who's being funded into power by huge corporations (in many cases the same corporations who are funding the Bush campaign) will make the slightest bit of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Oct. 13 2004,12:55)]I can understand how people want Bush and his fellow Nazis out of the Whitehouse but I seriously doubt installing another ultrawealthy blueblood Skull And Bones war monger who's being funded into power by huge corporations (in many cases the same corporations who are funding the Bush campaign) will make the slightest bit of difference.

I forgot to say, I didn't really want to get all political with this, just thought people might be interested in the link is all..

You could always persuade them to vote Nader.
      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Sorry. The whole thing is just getting on my tits. So many candidates and only two we ever hear about. Satan or Satan Lite? Hmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Oct. 13 2004,13:38)] Sorry. The whole thing is just getting on my tits. So many candidates and only two we ever hear about. Satan or Satan Lite? Hmmmm....
          I'll take Satan Lite please but yeah I hear ya, It's frustrating that we have to pick the lesser of two evils but unfortunately the almighty dollar decides who holds influence and power in this country. Not really the kind of democracy I had in mind but right now it's all we have.

Comment

Anyone else misread that as 'Rock The Votel: Influence The US Election'?
            http://jimcassius.blogspot.com

Comment

Go John! Go John!
              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Err, yeah I read it as Rock The Votel - where&#39;s those new compilations???
                Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

...and Mr Shallow over here was expecting a thread on oddball political /election records like David Steel&#39;s &quot;Liberal Rap&quot;
                  Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Oct. 14 2004,12:00)]...and Mr Shallow over here was expecting a thread on oddball political /election records like David Steel&#39;s &quot;Liberal Rap&quot;
                    It amazes me how many odd little records there are they I know nothing about. Although those in this case I&#39;m thankful.*

*Disclaimer: That does not mean I won&#39;t buy a copy if I find one for cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X