Recent finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent finds

i was goin to add to the weekend finds thread,but i could,nt see one.i managed to pick these up over the past few days or so-
    black heat-no time to burn(atlantic)

judy mackenzie-judy(key)

b.boy posse-various(sutra)

just-ice-back to the old skool(fresh)double

boogie monsters-riders of the storm(pendulum)

black sheep-strobelite honey 12"(mercury)

tilt-arkade funk(d.e.t.t.)

kool g rap&dj polo-road to the riches(cold chilin)double

lord finesse-the awakening(penalty records)

david toop-the rap attack(the book)double

I found a Melodica at a boot sale on Sunday. I've been Augustus Pablo in my sad little mind all week.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Oct. 14 2004,12:21)]I found a Melodica at a boot sale on Sunday. I've been Augustus Pablo in my sad little mind all week.
      Oooh, nice!

Does that Judy Mackenzie include 'New Song', Mr. Saesonic?
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

There's a good Judy Mackenzie track?

Comment

that judy mackenzie does indeed include "new song"+ 2 other kool tracks. the lp is off 1970.

Comment

Oooh!! I'll keep an eye out for that one.

Comment

Swung by some of my favourite    charities today. A few quite nice bits and bats, inc:

Dusty: "Where Am I going " LP;
              Laurie Johnson Orch. "The Avengers" LP;
              Marian Montgomery and Richard Rodney Bennett: "Town And Country" LP (Marian is a great singer. This one is just piano & vox but has some very nice, mellow vocal and Rhodes moments);
              Millie Jackson "Hurts So Good" LP (or so I thought, got it home and the record is actually "Caught Up"
              Howard Johnson "Keepin' Love New" 12";
              Maxine Nightingale:"Life has Just begun 7". Jazzy soul niceness.
              Endless Tripe

Comment

Avengers...nice find,has it New avengers theme also?
                Popped to Big Smoke at weekend and bought nowt but an old Mother Earth 12".Got back to sleepy Lincs and found a couple of doozers!
                Herbie Mann-Hold on I'm comin' Live LP
                Pete Moores Solid Rockin Brass..excellent version of 'Proud Mary'
                Bert Kaempferts' Swingin Safari..nice
                and Mongo Santamaria-Watermelon man 7"
                Work on a dream.....and get it done!

Comment

today's digs:

Sol Kaplan-The Spy Who Came In From The Cold ost

KPM 1261-Technomatics lp

KPM 1278-Historical Perspective lp

KPM 1266-Image Makers lp

Ray Russell-Sound On Sound lp (JW Music Library)

Enoch Light Presents Patterns In Sound Vol.5

can anyone shed anymore light on the KPM's I listed? I also bought the JW Music Library lp on a whim, never heard of the label before and wasn't sure if it's in the same league as KPM, DeWolfe, etc.

Comment

I've got all three of those KPMs, Mech1 - whaddayawannaknow?

Yesterday's diggery:

Keith Mansfield - 'All You Need Is.....' (CBS)
                    Just when you think you'll never find a decent record ever again, something like this turns up to make it all worthwhile - I had to stop myself shouting 'Yes!!' when this turned up for a quid! My fave ever version of Soul Thing, top arranging from The Mans, marvellous playing from Herbie, Clem and the Hawk and sleevenotes from Tony Blackburn - what more could you want?

Alan Caddy - '20 Smash Hits of 1973' (Stereo Plus 3)
                    Another covers LP to add to the collection, and another great version of '2001' - and best of all it's the one used on the test card in the mid-70s!

Raymond Guiot 'Plays Bach' (Omega)
                    If you ever watched daytime TV in the 70s and early 80s you'll have heard Raymond Guiot's baroque jazz flutery - his Telemusic track 'Ardente Elisabeth' was played all the time as interval music between schools programmes. Imagine a whole LP of the same sort of thing, and you get this - gorgeous gentle baroque jazz, with fellow Telemusicers Daniel Humair and Guy Pedersen providing the backing.

Alla Pugachiova/Iosof Kobzon - Romances and Russian Songs (Balkanton/Melodia)
                    Split between the Soviet chanteuse and Russian tenor, 1 side each. I don't think Blighty will be raiding this one for any of his compilations, somehow!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (ffatlac3 @ Oct. 14 2004,19:58)]Avengers...nice find,has it New avengers theme also?
                      Nah, it a 60s Marble Arch one with a pic of Patrick Macnee and the sexy Ms Rigg on the front.

I've picked up a couple of different 7"s of "The New Avengers" though on my rounds fairly recently.
                      Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Oct. 14 2004,22:49)]Alla Pugachiova/Iosof Kobzon - Romances and Russian Songs (Balkanton/Melodia)
                        Split between the Soviet chanteuse and Russian tenor, 1 side each. I don't think Blighty will be raiding this one for any of his compilations, somehow!
                        Never say never. I'm mad for a bit of Russian opera, me.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Oct. 14 2004,22:49)]I've got all three of those KPMs, Mech1 - whaddayawannaknow?
                          guess I was wondering if any of you rated these particular library lp's or not. I'm lucky if I ever come across library lp's like this here in the US so I wanted to know if they're rare or not. I paid $14 for the KPM 1261, $6 for the KPM 1278, $6.66 for the KPM 1266 & $8 for the Ray Russell Library lp. I checked the VV 'library' link but only found reviews of older titles. In any case, the prices didn't seem to bad imo.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (mech1 @ Oct. 15 2004,01:15)]
                            Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Oct. 14 2004,22:49)]I've got all three of those KPMs, Mech1 - whaddayawannaknow?
                            guess I was wondering if any of you rated these particular library lp's or not. I'm lucky if I ever come across library lp's like this here in the US so I wanted to know if they're rare or not. I paid $14 for the KPM 1261, $6 for the KPM 1278, $6.66 for the KPM 1266 & $8 for the Ray Russell Library lp. I checked the VV 'library' link but only found reviews of older titles. In any case, the prices didn't seem to bad imo.
                            think all those titles are fairly late mate........as in.......don't think they're 'sought after' titles in the weird and wonderful world of library music..........with the kpms it really only goes up to low 1200's tops that hold any funk appeal........but sounds like you got them quite cheap and it's all a matter of taste anyhow........if you can use them then great.......you got a result......

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (platerpus @ Oct. 15 2004,01:44)]think all those titles are fairly late mate........as in.......don't think they're 'sought after' titles in the weird and wonderful world of library music..........with the kpms it really only goes up to low 1200's tops that hold any funk appeal........but sounds like you got them quite cheap and it's all a matter of taste anyhow........if you can use them then great.......you got a result......
                              thanks. I just noticed 2 of the titles are by Keith Mansfield so that's a bonus . I like what i've heard so far...the KPM 1261 lp has a nice John Carpenter-Escape From New York/Clockwork Orange/Vangelis/Goblin feel about it, i'm fairly certain I could use this in a mix somewhere. I'm happy with my purchases so I guess that's all that really matters.

Comment

Working...
                              X