Recent finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TODAY I FOUND SOME STUFFS:

C.C.S. "S/T" - really good and yet at times... so, so awful. That's prog i guess. (Or "that's jazz-rock" if you prefer).

Keef Hartley Band "Overdog" - was this dude really a Sioux or something? Or just a mad Cockney? Can someone explain?

20 Studio 1 Hits vol 2 - old NZ comp, couple of decent tracks on it.

Kraftwerk "Tour De France" 12" - this beat is def.

Martin Denny "Exotica" - first time I found a decent copy for cheap.

...plus several doubles that shall be appearing in the Trades section very soon...

And one or two records that I'm too embarassed to mention in such distinguished company.

Comment

O DONEL LEVY..BAD BAD SIMBA ..1st one FOR YEARS CHOOON
      ruth brown..groovy..solid state 45 dope
      joe tex band chocolate cherry 45 2 fat funk cutz on dial ian wright spin apparantly

no hard ons here but quality over qty i guess
      www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (formigo @ Oct. 15 2004,07:18)]20 Studio 1 Hits vol 2 - old NZ comp, couple of decent tracks on it.
        There was a vol. 2?? Damn, I need to hear that!

I've got one of the (presumably) few copies of volume 1 in the UK......

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (formigo @ Oct. 15 2004,07:18)]Keef Hartley Band "Overdog" - was this dude really a Sioux or something? Or just a mad Cockney? Can someone explain?
          that Hartley Overdog album is quite nice.....check "Imitations From Home" on side 2.........
          he was a drummer from u.k.........he was the drummer in the Artwoods for a time and also worked with loads of peeps including Wynder K Frog......no sioux connections that i'm aware of.......

Comment

Right, so this landlord of a boozer had promised to let me look through "1000s" of ex jukebox records dating back to the 60s which he's got. I got there, as arranged, and he'd obviously had second thoughts. All he would show me was a copy of "Sound of Music". I hung around a bit in case he relented but in the end I decided to cut my losses and visit another source in the area

Hey presto! Big pile of good 7"s, 50p each. Best of the bunch:

Kim Williams "One in a Million" (UK Jet 7&quot Result!! Top Mecca style disco-soul, a bit llike Janice and the Jammers. The US Malaco release seems to go for quite a few quid but I can't find any refs to this UK release. So I make that 2 Jet label girl soul collectables...!!

Ben Moore "Love Music" (DJM) Great version.

Simon Said "Put some more Flavour" (Atco 7&quot: Nice funky crossover soul.

Ted Heath "Bombay Duckling" (Decca) Very,very cool Indo-cheese fusion.

FF&Z "Spaced out Happy" (CBS) Funky hippy rock.

Jacques Loussier Benson Hedges advertising 7". Various chamber jazz fag promoters.

John Paul Joans "The Man from Nazareth" (Rak). Hilarious.

Equals "Black Skinned Blue Eyed Boys" (President). Not easy on a 7" these days...

Temptations "Beauty's only Skin Deep" (orig UK Tamla). Great. I'm old enough to remember when Keb Darge used to regularly play this.....

Enough namin' vinyl for now...
            Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Oct. 15 2004,20:47)]Kim Williams "One in a Million" (UK Jet 7&quot Result!! Top Mecca style disco-soul, a bit llike Janice and the Jammers. The US Malaco release seems to go for quite a few quid but I can't find any refs to this UK release. So I make that 2 Jet label girl soul collectables...!!
              you mean Kim Morrison right...?
              with hollywood & vine on the a side......smooth!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (platerpus @ Oct. 15 2004,21:08)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Oct. 15 2004,20:47)]Kim Williams "One in a Million" (UK Jet 7&quot Result!! Top Mecca style disco-soul, a bit llike Janice and the Jammers. The US Malaco release seems to go for quite a few quid but I can't find any refs to this UK release. So I make that 2 Jet label girl soul collectables...!!
                you mean Kim Morrison right...?
                with hollywood & vine on the a side......smooth!
                Yes that's it.It was on the turntable as I was typing, hence the slip. Do you know anything about it?
                Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Oct. 15 2004,14:06)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (formigo @ Oct. 15 2004,07:18)]20 Studio 1 Hits vol 2 - old NZ comp, couple of decent tracks on it.
                  There was a vol. 2?? Damn, I need to hear that!

I've got one of the (presumably) few copies of volume 1 in the UK......
                  I'll keep an eye out for you. Vol 2 seems to turn up a lot less often - this is the first time I'd bothered to check it out properly and I was happy to find a little bit of niceness.

If anyone else in the U.K. wants Vol 1 I should be able to sort it out pretty sharpish. There's only one track on there that I like, the rest of it is all a bit "60s pop" sounding for my taste.

Comment

Working...
                  X