Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shave the children!!

Some tat and a few gems today:

Tony Hatch - Beautiful in the Rain - Great version of Mas Que Nada (Double)

John Williams - Bridges - Another copy of this, one funky beaty track (Double)

Harry Stoneham - Love Themes - Theme from the Fox, great version of this Schrifin number and a semi naked lady on the cover, what more could you want?

Liza Minnelli - New Feelin' - Not listened to this yet, funky??

Larry Coryell - The Restful Mind

Franck Pourcel - Concorde - Great cover, will the music match?

The Young Generation - I keep sending copies of this to Japan, seems to be right up their street. (Double)

Readers Digest - The Thrillers - Quiller, managed to snag this from the boxset, apologies to however finds it with this one missing. (Double)

Geoff Love - 20 Explosive TV Themes - Starsky, Charlies Angels, etc

Laura Nyro - Smile - Just love her stuff!

Soul Direction comp - Funky Donkey by Mr Purdie is the track on here. (Double)

Baja Marimba Band - Fowl Play - Rhode Island Red is a great track

Jean Luc Ponty - Live in LA with Geirge Duke - Interesting version of Canteloupe Island.

John Gregory - A Man for all Seasons - Three great tracks and one of the best ever sleeves, mint condition. (Double)

Tony Ashton and Jon Lord - First of the Big Bands - Deep Purple gang get funky on the track I Been Lonely. (Double)

Woody Herman - Light my Fire - On Cadet and arranged by Richard Evans, you know this is going to be good. (Double)

The Power and the Glory - Jesus break.....again! (Double)

James Last - Beachparty (Double)

James Last - Beachparty 2 (Double)

James Last - Beachparty 6!!!!!

Chilites - Greatest Hits

Chairman of the board - In Session

Larry Page - Bridge Over Troubled Waters - Dingo is a great funky number (Double)

Little Richard - The Second Coming - As far as I'm aware Little Richard did two funky LP's, this is one of them. Nuki Suki is wah wah madness. (Double)

Roy Budd Plays Music from Soldier Blue - Not listened to this yet but I know that it books in at £70.

See Ya!!!

I'd quite like the John Gregory if possible...
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Nice finds Mark!

No surprise that Mr Stapleton was there like a rat up a drainpipe on the Man For All Seasons LP, but again if anyone else out there has a copy for trade/sale I am very much interested..
      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

weekend finds - apart from the usual 45s bits (filling the gaps on the well-known wedding disco playlist) this little vintage audio beauty turned up:

Pioneer PL-112D turntable & Shure cartridge

three quid, hardly used! will do nicely before one of the classic Brit turntables turns up...
        http://www.blaxploitation.com
        Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Little vinyl pressure here either, but I did pick up a rather handsome fax machine at a little booter on Sunday for the princely sum of two pounds!
          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Didn't get out to the booters this weekend (too busy either going to, coming back from or recovering from Cardiff), but did pop put this morning to collect my Grandslam T shirt & copy of 'Style Wars' from the post office. Picked up.....

Simon's Way - The Simon Park Orchestra
            Aviod !!! The version of Barracuda is a nasty 80's re-recording.

Beat Group - Various (Polydor)
            Dave Lee Travis interrupts The Marbles, Brian Auger, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, The Move amongst others on this German comp.

Three Songs from Dougal & The Blue Cat Soundtrack (MFP)
            45 complete with hand coloured cover by some stupid kid.

Saturday Scene - Sally James Sings ! (Philips)
            Interviews with Sparks, The Sweet amongst others while La James sings two numbers. Gatefold sleeve too....

Malcolm McLaren - Double Dutch
            12 including 'special' remix of 'D'Ya Like Scratching ?'

Streetsounds - Volumes 3,5,6,8,9,10
            Nice batch of minty LPs

Breakdance - Original OST
            For you Ice T completists out there
            Matt Hero

Comment

I went to calcutta's equivalent of a booter - a whole bunch of crap laid out in the street and managed to locate:

- Abba's Greatest Hits... in hindi

and

- Boney M's Greatest Hits... in hindi

along with a million copies of Manu Dibango 'Soul Makossa' and 'Gone Clear' and a whole host of 60's/70's Indian Bollywood soundtracks and 45's. But it was the Boney M that really did it for me!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (ethan @ 19 May 2003,14:24)]I went to calcutta's equivalent of a booter - a whole bunch of crap laid out in the street and managed to locate:

- Abba's Greatest Hits... in hindi

and

- Boney M's Greatest Hits... in hindi

along with a million copies of Manu Dibango 'Soul Makossa' and 'Gone Clear' and a whole host of 60's/70's Indian Bollywood soundtracks and 45's.  But it was the Boney M that really did it for me!

sarcassum will get you know where son.

but next time could you pick up a boney m for me.
                please
                Whats you're style ?

Comment

The good stuff:
                  Fela Kuti "Coffin For Head of State" (Kalakuta) -What for only 5 dollars?!?! Yes please

Hampton Hawes "Northern Windows" (Prestige) - Produced by Axelrod Trade Copy

Eddie Palmieri "The Sun of Latin Music" (Coco) Trade Copy

Lamont Johnson "Nine" (Masterscore) -This is my shit, I love freaked out keyboards done by spaced out people. This album is so dam good I started a seperate thread just to find out more about this guy.

Cleveland Eaton "Plenty Good Eaton" (Black Jazz)

Eddie Henderson "Sunburst" (Blue Note) -Big ups to soulstrutter Hihache (Dave from Davesrecords.com) for selling this & the Cleveland Eaton to me.

Jackie & Roy "Time is Love" (CTI) -How rare is it to see a CTI LP that you've never seen before?

Ramones "Rocket To Russia" (Sire)

Triumvirat "Sparticus" (Capitol)

Don Burrows Quartet "At The Sydney Opera House" (Mainstream) -Was surprised to see an Aussie Jazz Lp on the Mainstream label for 2 bucks in Amoeba.

Herbie Mann "Muscle Shoals Nitty Gritty" (Embryo) -You guys can clown Herbie all you want. This is one funky ass LP. I don't know whats up with the back cover showing him in overalls and exposing all that sexy backhair to the world.

Jack Ashford "S/T" (Magic Disc) -I think I remember some post about this label being good, I did the search and couldn't find anything. Any one got any info on this one?

Shel Silverstein "A Light In the Attic" (Columbia)

Gabor Szabo "Mizrab" (CTI)

Tonto's Expanding Head Band "S/T" (Atlantic) Trade Copy

F.Payvar & H.Tehrani Persian Traditional Music" (Some persian label I can't read)- Some guy sold off a large amount of Persian LP's I got several of them. All are filled with great sounds I am looping up soon. If anyone is interestred in one of these give me an E-mail

45's
                  Blackbyrds "Walking in Rhythm/The Baby" (Fantasy)

Linda Jones "What Have I done (To Make You Mad)/Make Me Surrender (Baby, Baby Please)" (Loma)

James Brown "Sex Machine/ My Thang" (Polydor)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]sarcassum will get you know where son.
                    please
                    Jammin - I got one more day left, so I'll see if I can find another fer ya.  If you're interested in Bollywood 60's/70's gogo/rock'n'roll/funk crazy Indian-ness soundtracks, email me for a list of trades...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (ethan @ 20 May 2003,15:12)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]sarcassum will get you know where son.
                      please
                      Jammin - I got one more day left, so I'll see if I can find another fer ya.  If you're interested in Bollywood 60's/70's gogo/rock'n'roll/funk crazy Indian-ness soundtracks, email me for a list of trades...
                      Nah, none of that madness for me.
                      Whats you're style ?

Comment

Working...
                      X