Deroy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feel Good By Numbers View Post
    was having a scan of record collector in whsmiths a few months back and the feature on sunstone mentioned they had at some point worked on putting a compilation of deroy recordings from the studio archive but there was no further detail in the article about why this never came about or materialised. hoping to get a response from source on this query if your on the board mate....
    Cheers!

Comment

A friend picked this up yesterday. Amateurish beat group action. Not particularly skilled or exciting.

Any other info people might have gratefully received.

And apologies for the rotated images. I've edited and saved numerous times but it always reverts to this when posting.

WF

Comment

Maybe the group from Middleton in Manchester (something of a hotbed for bands in the 60s) - I'm at work and can't post properly, but if you look on www.manchesterbeat.com, a message at the bottom of their page suggests they're looking for a copy of 'the EP we recorded' - go ahead Willy, make their day!
        you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Back from work now....well done on getting on the case, Willy. I've now also found a bit more on this page which mentions they recorded two EPs at a studio in Stockport, but I don't think it would have been unusual for the time for a Manchester group to then send the tapes to Deroy to be pressed up on vinyl - this info might avoid a bit of confusion in further investigations....keep us posted on any progress, and if you need a hand reuniting old recordings with the people that made them, just let me know...
          you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

another one on Deroy, found here in New Zealand . The artists is Queen Street True Blue Accordion Band
            Last edited by tfcbrian; 10-11-2018, 05:33 AM.
            nothing is essential

Comment

car boot find earlier today - couldn't find another out there, maybe someone knows more? it's actually very nice Latvian choral music

there was another album in the same box by Palomino titled Ol'49 which was a white label but has the matrix DER 1272 so I assume that's one too
              The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

I've found two copies of this raer in the last 6 months, only other person that has it seems to be dukowski
                'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Originally posted by tfcbrian View Post
                  another one on Deroy, found here in New Zealand . The artists is Queen Street True Blue Accordion Band
                  Oh is that as bad as I expect it to be? Impressively a local (ish) accordion LP I've not bumped into in central Scotland!

Comment

Originally posted by Davedave View Post
                    I've found two copies of this raer in the last 6 months, only other person that has it seems to be dukowski
                    Ha guilty as charged! I grew up just outside Kilmarnock. Still haven't managed to track down either of their other 2 LPs mind you - one apparently has a take on Van McCoy's The Hustle, keen to hear that one in the flesh.

Comment

Working...
                    X