Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas?

I've just bought a lot of records for a couple that I know are good but I have no idea about the rest. Do any of you know if these are worth adding to the wait of the parcel (and the cost of shipping) or best left for the seller to dispose of as they wish?

Cheers!

The Advancement ‘Sunflower’ Phillips
    Aesops Fable ‘Temptation ‘Bout To Get Me / What Is Love’ Cadet Concept Bill Anderson ‘Country D.J. / We Made Love’ MCA
    Lynn Anderson ‘Keep Me in Mind’ Columbia
    Benjamin & Pot in Napanawy’s Pottery Shop ‘Looice / Been Dere’ Columbia
    Jim Ed Brown ‘I’ve Been With The Best / Close The Door’ RCA
    Glenn Campbell ‘God Must Have Blessed America’ Capitol
    Cody ‘I Belong With You’ ATCO
    Philip Cody ‘Nothin’ Is Free’ Kirshner
    Burton Cummings ‘Takes A Fool To Love’ Portrait
    England Dan & John Ford Coley ‘Westward Wind’ Big Tree
    Barbara Fairchild ‘Let Me Love You Once Before You Go’ Columbia
    Foxy ‘Call me Later / I Like The Way You Love Me’ Double Shot
    Little Jimmy Gandy ‘Cool 13 / I’m Not Like the Others’ Roulette
    Greg & Paul ‘She’s A Rebel’ Casablanca
    The Hagers ‘I Just Don’t Feel At Home’ Barnaby
    The Hagers ‘The Cost of Love is Getting Higher’ Barnaby
    George Hamilton, IV ‘Mewiidad ‘The Nativity / The Little Grave’ RCA
    Freddie Hart ‘So Good, So Rare, So Fine’ Capitol
    David Houston ‘Home Sweet Home’ Epic
    David Houston and Barbara Mandrell ‘A Perfect Match’ Epic
    Wanda Jackson and The Oak Ridge Boys ‘Glory Hallelujah / People Gotta Be Loving’ Capitol
    The Jammers ‘Where Can She Run To / What Happened To The Good Times’ LOMA
    Harvey Matusow’s Jews Harp Band ‘Afghan Red / War Between Fats And Thins’ Head
    Joyce Jones ‘Help Me Make up my Mind / I’m Just Sitting Here Thinking’ ATCO
    Tom Jones ‘Puppet Man’ Parrot
    Steve Karmen & His Orchestra ‘What Do You Say To A Naked Lady / Too Bad You can’t Read my Mind’ United Artist
    Rodney Lay ‘Tennessee Woman / I Don’t Know Enough’ Capitol
    Dickey Lee ‘Everybody Loves A Winner’ Mercury
    Little John ‘Lonely Years / Wood Grain Alcohol’ Epic
    Al De Lory ‘Feeling Of Love / Wichita Lineman’ Capitol
    Al Martino ‘The Next Hundred Years’ Capitol
    Gayle McCormick ‘Near you’
    Mel McDaniel ‘God Made Me Love’ Capitol
    Jody Miller ‘He’s So Fine’ Epic
    Melba Moore ‘Purlie’ Mercury
    Oliver ‘Angelica’ Crewe
    Tommy Overstreet ‘This Time I’m In It For The Love’ DOT
    Priscilla Price ‘Do I Stand a Chance with you / Rockfeller Jones’ GMC GMC-10007 ,
    Jerry Reed ‘Second-Hand Satin Lady (And A Bargain Basement Boy)’ RCA
    Charlie Rich ‘All Over Me’ Epic
    Charlie Rich ‘Easy Lool’ Epic
    Billy Joe Royal ‘Me Without you / Mama’s Song’ Columbia
    Tom Rush Drop Down Mama / ChildÂ’s SongÂ’ Columbia
    John Wesley Ryles I ‘Reconsider Me’ Plantation
    Whitey Shafer ‘Between Winston-Salem And Nashville, Tennesse / Big, Big Show on Wheels’ RCA
    Mike Sharpe ‘Spooky / With a Little Help from my Friends’ B-side written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney of the Beatles Liberty
    Barbra Streisand ‘The Best Thing you’ve Ever Done / Summer me, winter me’ Columbia
    Jud Strunk ‘David’s Place / Lions In The Park’ Columbia
    Freddy Weller ‘Listen to the Young Folks’ Columbia
    Freddy Weller ‘Fantasy Island’ Columbia Leona Williams ‘Country Girl With Hot Pants On / Babe, Just For You’ Hickory
    Timmy Willis ‘Give me a Little Sign’ Epic
    Bobby Womack & Peace ‘Harry Hippie’ United Artists
    Gene Wyatt ‘Twelve Men’ Paula
    Faron Young ‘A Woman’s Touch / It’s Four In The Morning (New Pop Version)’ Mercury
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

what a totally crazy list!

The Advancement ?Sunflower? Phillips
    - sounds interesting

Aesops Fable ?Temptation ?Bout To Get Me / What Is Love? Cadet

Benjamin & Pot in Napanawy?s Pottery Shop ?Looice / Been Dere? Columbia
    - psyche?

Burton Cummings ?Takes A Fool To Love? Portrait
    - singer of the Guess Who...

Foxy ?Call me Later / I Like The Way You Love Me? Double Shot
    - soul

Little Jimmy Gandy ?Cool 13 / I?m Not Like the Others? Roulette
    - kiddy soul?

The Jammers ?Where Can She Run To / What Happened To The Good Times? LOMA
    - soul?

Harvey Matusow?s Jews Harp Band ?Afghan Red / War Between Fats And Thins? Head

Joyce Jones ?Help Me Make up my Mind / I?m Just Sitting Here Thinking? ATCO
    - funky soul

Steve Karmen & His Orchestra ?What Do You Say To A Naked Lady / Too Bad You can?t Read my Mind? United Artist
    - crazy, check out the film it's from: http://www.theonionavclub.com/fttf/index.php?issue=3931

Oliver ?Angelica? Crewe
    - sounds good. Bob Crewe's label

Priscilla Price ?Do I Stand a Chance with you / Rockfeller Jones? GMC GMC-10007 ,
    - well worth shipping over and giving to me!

Mike Sharpe ?Spooky / With a Little Help from my Friends? B-side written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney of the Beatles Liberty
    - the original version

Timmy Willis ?Give me a Little Sign? Epic
    - soul, but no idea if any good

Bobby Womack & Peace ?Harry Hippie? United Artists

Comment

Definitely get the Joyce Jones and don't listen to Mike, I'm next in line for a Priscilla trade, since you beat me on the last one...!
      http://wakeupanddie.com
      http://weirdgearnyc.com
      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

there's a really good Timmy Willis on Epic, I can't remember if that's it or not.
        Also, there's a good Foxy on Double Shot but, yes, not sure if that's it!
        Glad to be of help!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Oct. 17 2004,17:58)]Aesops Fable ?Temptation ?Bout To Get Me / What Is Love? Cadet
          Aesop's Fables have a good lp on Cadet Concept........unsurprisingly in a similar sorta vein to Rotary Connection.........at least two great tracks on the lp....dunno titles off top of me 'ed though..........so i'd say that 45 is prob worth a stab.......

Comment

ADVANCEMENT - they mixed up acid rock with a bit of ragga, folk, blues + jazz
            AESOPS FABLES - a goodie
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Rich,

Some right old pony there and no mistake&#33;

However, I suggest you listen to Little Jimmy Gandy &quot;I&#39;m not like the others&quot;, again.

It&#39;s a cult tune round this way.

PS
              Endless Tripe

Comment

And of course, Rich, since the only other copy of Priscilla that I&#39;ve seen went for £300 or so, I suggest you should look for the same on your spare, if it&#39;s nice and minty, natch.

Comment

Cheers for the help guys&#33; And I apologise - this wasn&#39;t meant to be an &#39;I&#39;ve got another Priscilla thread&#39;, I thought I&#39;d edited her off the list (at least I managed to leave off Leo Sayer).
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Christ&#39;s sake Greg. It&#39;s NOT a £300 record if some idiot demands it and throws money at Martin for it. The Prisicilla went for something like 50 odd bucks on the bay the other week, there were multiple bids and views and the reason why I didn&#39;t personally bid more is because I was darn skint at the time so my snipe had to be reasonable...

But to keep hammering on about this price is just gonna make it stick. There&#39;s enough lurkers contributing sod all as it is, plus dealers looking for any excuse to push up a price. ..

Comment

Bloody hell &#33; &quot;Rockerfella Jones&quot; hitting 300 sheets ?? Surely some mistake &#33;

... sorry, just seen Nick&#39;s post, so gonna shut up sharpish.
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Oct. 18 2004,12:00)]Christ&#39;s sake Greg. It&#39;s NOT a £300 record if some idiot demands it and throws money at Martin for it. The Prisicilla went for something like 50 odd bucks on the bay the other week, there were multiple bids and views and the reason why I didn&#39;t personally bid more is because I was darn skint at the time so my snipe had to be reasonable...

But to keep hammering on about this price is just gonna make it stick. There&#39;s enough lurkers contributing sod all as it is, plus dealers looking for any excuse to push up a price. ..
                        Not my problem if it&#39;s going for that kinda dough mate - don&#39;t get snappy cos you missed yourself a copy now.

And I know just how much Martin paid for it too. Would be worth every penny of 300 sovs in my book. So hurry up and get a copy before it zooms.

Comment

I don&#39;t know it, whats it like?

Comment

Oh I&#39;m miffed alright - now quit pumping it, this ain&#39;t a boiler room&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (mik @ Oct. 18 2004,14:24)]I don&#39;t know it, whats it like?
                              Prime slice of female vox funk prime for the dancefloor. Heavy drums and bassline with a real punchy vocal performance.

Very nice horn stabs too, carrying the track along.

Then a rather monstrous drumbreak, with Priscilla casual rapping over the top.

Rather unknown on the funk scene it seems, even though I&#39;ve been spinning the bugger for a year or so now.

Flip it over and there&#39;s a rather decent ballad. A very complete 45 that isn&#39;t well known in these parts, which is why at the moment you can still catch it for relatively cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X