Euston films music dept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euston films music dept.

Just been watching some of the epsiodes from the 3rd season DVD boxset of 'The Sweeney'. As usual, loads of great library tracks to be heard (even some from the Themes 'Drama Suite' LPs).

One of the eps has a scene set in Carter's (Dennis Waterman) flat while he romances his new bird. An LP is shown revolving on his turntable - a De Wolfe LP!

This got me thinking - just think of all the amazing LPs the music dept. of Euston Films had lying around back in the '70s, and the lucky sod who was actually paid to sift through them all and dub the music onto the films themeselves.

I wonder what happened to them all (LPs, that is)?!
    A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Thames TV sold off their record library in about 1993-4, I think - I dunno whether the Euston Films collection was part of that, but I strongly suspect that's how the four ex-Associated Rediffusion Sound Transcription Unit Ember library LPs I've got escaped!

Anglia TV sold off their vinyl a few years back too, but only as a job lot, so I don't know whether any libs were included or what happened to them.

Discs from the BBC TV gram lib turn up every so often too, and I've got a few libs from there, including a Bruton that was used as breakdown music in the mid 80s!

I spotted the de Wolfe in the Sweeney too (well, of course I would&#33 - another de Wolfe LP appears in the new Kenny Everett Naughty Bits DVD standing in for 'Bjorn Borg's Greatest Hits', and there's an episode of 'Bless This House' where Robin Stewart is digging some sitar music straight off an Impress disc!

Is the music in that Sweeney sequence actually off a de Wolfe LP?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Oct. 18 2004,00:34)]Anglia TV sold off their vinyl a few years back too, but only as a job lot, so I don't know whether any libs were included or what happened to them.
      They went to France
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Or landfill.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Oct. 18 2004,00:34)]Discs from the BBC TV gram lib turn up every so often too
          there was a shop in darkest South London (long since closed) that had a very large amount of old BBC stuff. got some nice KPMs from there.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Working...
          X