Records spots in switzerland ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Records spots in switzerland ?

One of my mates is going to Switzerland soon. He wanted to know about digging spots in Zurich and Basle. Anybody knows ??
    The only sure and foreseeable attribute of human affairs is their unforseeability; hence the trivialility of all the attempts in order to reduce the human action to a single reason, even interest.
    Albert O. Hirschman (The concept of interest: from euphemism to tautology/1986)

hey,i live in switzerland and by the way i can help you to find some very good diggin spots! basel is not very exciting but zürich needs devenitly your attention.there are so many excelent recordshops!
    -16 TONS is my favorite! a large selection of reggae,exotica,funk,60's psychadelica,library,soundtracks and other weird wax.in my opinion the best recordshop in switzerland!!!
    -DISCOVER ART...only jazz records and only original stuff.HUBI the owner of this shop is one of the most pleasant jazzheads i ever meet! and he got KNOW-HOW!
    -MONO RECORDS...these are the guys where gave us the kpm-soundclash compilation and if you're looking for a original hip-hop lp from the past is this the place to be.

please get back to me and i can provide you with more details.
    cheers [email protected]
    can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

I second the 16 tons recommendation - brilliant shop.
      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ 18 May 2003,20:24)]I second the 16 tons recommendation - brilliant shop.
        hehehehe
        I KNEW john would add to this thread.
        is there anywhere you hav'nt been john ?

what about a thread like "any spots in the world that
        john dos'nt know" ?

Whats you're style ?

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys !
          deeno, I'm not going to Switzerland. I asked it for a friend of mine.

Indeed, it is still very impressive to see John's knowledge 'bout digging. By the way, John, did you meet Karel in Prag ?

Cheers
          The only sure and foreseeable attribute of human affairs is their unforseeability; hence the trivialility of all the attempts in order to reduce the human action to a single reason, even interest.

Comment

Hi Planman
            No - I didn't meet your man Karel in Prague, I lost his details somehow. In fact I didn't find anything any good in Prague - lots in Budapest though!
            Best thing I found in 16 Tons was a copy of Lyn Tait 'Steppin' Up' for a fiver...result! I thought Mono was waaay expensive - there was another shop (can't remember the name) with loads and loads of rock stuff to wade through.
            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

it's maybe the shop: zero zero? he's got a large selection of 70's rock and other nice stuff!
              hey planman: tell your friend that i'm prepared to spend a diggin' day in zürich with him.
              cheers
              can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (deeno @ 20 May 2003,08:46)]it's maybe the shop: zero zero? he's got a large selection of 70's rock and other nice stuff!
                hey planman: tell your friend that i'm prepared to spend a diggin' day in zürich with him.
                cheers
                Thanks deeno. I'll give him your email but I'm not sure he will contact you cause he's going there with his girlfriend for a romantic trip.
                He only asked it for the case he had a few hours to dig in town.

Comment

Working...
                X