African psychedelic music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African psychedelic music

Just wondering if anyone here's got/heard the Peace Love & Poetry 'African Psychedelic' set yet? Looks intriguing, but don't know any of the names and wondered if it's actually afro-psych, or just white bands from Africa doing the usual...

Also, anyone heard this yet? Looks extremely tempting, anyway... http://www.president-records.co.uk/code....154.htm
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

That President comp is a bit late - Tenth Planet's 'electric lemonade acid test' LP concentrated on the best tracks from that list (which is basically tracks 1-13 + 27). Of the others, only the Barbara Ruskin + Pure Gold tracks are proper, er, bo

Still worth getting if you haven't got the Tenth Planet.
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Are any of these secret Eddy Grant tracks under pseudonyms? He did quite a few for President, but I don&#39;t recognise any of these.
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Zappatta Schmidt, naturally.

You probably mean any others, right?

I have a spare of the Zappatta by the way Bill if you need one?
        it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

I&#39;ve got the Zappatta stuff, but he was involved in lots of other stuff, too, such as Sundae Times (I think he produced it), Symarip (Pyramids backwards, basically) and a ton of others that I can&#39;t remember.
          http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (wayne @ Oct. 18 2004,18:03)]Just wondering if anyone here&#39;s got/heard the Peace Love &amp; Poetry &#39;African Psychedelic&#39; set yet? Looks intriguing, but don&#39;t know any of the names and wondered if it&#39;s actually afro-psych, or just white bands from Africa doing the usual...
            it&#39;s pretty good, but it is mostly - but not all - white bands from Zimbabwe and South Africa.
            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Soul-Fiend @ Oct. 18 2004,19:02)]I have  a spare of the Zappatta by the way
              I wouldn&#39;t mind a pop at that please Mr Fiend..?
              Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I want that eddy grant 45 on torpedo pls...
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] ]
                  I want that eddy grant 45 on torpedo pls...
                  I might have one for you if you&#39;ve got owt tasty on offer.....
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ Oct. 17 2004,21:04)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (wayne @ Oct. 18 2004,18:03)]Just wondering if anyone here&#39;s got/heard the Peace Love &amp; Poetry &#39;African Psychedelic&#39; set yet? Looks intriguing, but don&#39;t know any of the names and wondered if it&#39;s actually afro-psych, or just white bands from Africa doing the usual...
                    it&#39;s pretty good, but it is mostly - but not all - white bands from Zimbabwe and South Africa.
                    Cheers - will have to try &amp; cop a listen in the shop. I&#39;ve found some of that series fantastic, some a bit so-so (eg: the contrast between the excellent Asian Psych, and disappointing - to me, anyway - Japanese Psych sets...) so now approach with a little more caution than in times past&#33;

Saw that President comp in Selectadisc for £8.99, so might pick that up anyway: 13+ good &#39;uns seems reasonable for that price&#33;
                    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
                    X