Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jammin
    replied
    Dunno if it's any good but it looks the biz...

http://www.ultimate-records.com/index.p....&id=480

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (manzo @ Oct. 20 2004,15:22)]One more reason for having your record room in/as the dining room!
    Yeah, well my record room is now also my office and dining room. Talk about multi-tasking...

Leave a comment:

• manzo
    replied
    One more reason for having your record room in/as the dining room!

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Ditto on the trestles. They are super cheap and look great with the frosted glass. Really sturdy too.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied

Has Andy played you his 45 about raising a kid (I think he brought it to a Brillo)? Very, very disturbing stuff from someone expecting a sprog...

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Oct. 20 2004,13:31)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Oct. 20 2004,13:16)]...my record room is no more (sobs hopelessly).

Don't rub it in, you cad.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Oct. 20 2004,13:16)]...my record room is no more (sobs hopelessly).

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Cheers for the suggestions, chaps! I'm awash with trestles, wood, breeze blocks, boxes etc. Hopefully, will sort something out by weekend, since my record room is no more (sobs hopelessly).

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Bill, I've got mine on a pair of the cheapo trestles from Ikea (which are height adjustable) and a piece of toughened glass. *Loads* of room for mixer (and effects if you need), two desks, lamp and with room underneath for a few crates.

You can put pretty much any table top on the trestles of you need more room - the Ikea catalogue has loads in it - and even with a glass top, mine worked out under £100.

Leave a comment:

• threepointplay
    replied
    Which store did you find these at & for how much...they are just the type of thing I need ahead of moving to a new place.

Leave a comment:

• mech1
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rolex baxter @ Oct. 20 2004,02:06)]Mech - your decks look kinda low (i.e crutch height), I prefer mine a bit higher to save the ol back
    my turntables are about 34.5" up, so almost waist high. they're actually quite comfortably positioned so no back pain going on here (yet).

Leave a comment:

• rolex baxter
    replied
    Mech - your decks look kinda low (i.e crutch height), I prefer mine a bit higher to save the ol back

LBG - however it turns out, in case you have a 'base' which is a little too low you can always jack up the height with 2 blocks and another flat peice of wood ala:

-------------------------
    0                    0
    -------------------------

your CD recorder could even go in between the 2 pieces of wood, this tho depands on the height on your blocks (and the base too re: overall height) - this would save some space on the top side if that makes sense. Doors make relatively cheap desk tops (althou a little sizey)

Leave a comment:

• mech1
    replied

do you mean something like these^^? I bought mine at one of my local record stores and as you can see they can accomodate quite a bit. When I get around to it I can take measurements of each box and let you know what they are. the boxes appear to be made out of pine.

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    started a topic Record deck stands

Record deck stands

Ok, so I'm putting my records into storage tomorrow, so I now need some kind of stand to put my decks on. I'll need space for two Technics 1200s, an Allen & Heath and a Pioneer 500 CDJ, with a CD recorder somewhere nearby. Anyone got any recommendations? It should be easy to assemble (cos I'm a DIY Div) and pretty cheap (cos it's only a temporary measure).

If it has space for records underneath that would obviously be a bonus. Ta.
Working...
X