Numark pt-01 portable turntable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numark pt-01 portable turntable

does anyone have this nice record player...

would like to know what it's like ?

is this the best one ?

cheers

(my gp3 not that good)

no no no - the best one is the soundburger
    http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

I think there's a thread over at Soulstrut.

Comment

the Vestax seemed better than the Numark in several ways when i compared them in the shop (and bought the Vestax).

Comment

Ive been told that the numarks are proper flimsey.
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

exactly what Sermad said..........but prob less flimsy than the soundburger..........yep soundburger is best but way too flimsy for serious travel.........one proper knock and you&#39;ve got shattered plastic everywhere........also that damn on switch always gets pressed in transit........

Comment

just to follow up........fisher price = best portable no question

Comment

For me the gp3 is the daddy. Ive dropped mine countless times (probably well over 100&#33. Its loud. Batteries last for years. Brilliant.
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 19 2004,20:34)]For me the gp3 is the daddy. Ive dropped mine countless times (probably well over 100&#33. Its loud. Batteries last for years. Brilliant.
                  yeah....really needs to be able to withstand being dropped and a soundburger just doesn&#39;t do that.........as far as batteries go though........i&#39;ve had the same soundburger for around 3 yrs now.........had a lot of use and i don&#39;t remember ever changing the batteries..........fisher price has gotta be tops though surely...........those things are sturdy....built to withstand being thrown around by children.........(not saying record fiends are children.....)

Comment

L78bb

This looks interesting...
                    Now this!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (lionel @ Oct. 22 2004,11:24)]L78bb

This looks interesting...
                      Hmm.. that does look pretty good for the price, might have a peep. I thought this feature was pretty odd though:

&quot;fits conveniently inside record crates&quot;

Wha? So you can play hide and seek with it whilst digging ??
                      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (vibra @ Oct. 22 2004,11:33)]Wha? So you can play hide and seek with it whilst digging ??
                        No, it&#39;s so in years to come people on charity shops will think it is a record and not a record player and rack it accordingly.

In short it will become the new &#39;Kensington&#39; (something that will only make sense for those of us to dig charity shops in the UK).
                        Matt Hero

Comment

Actually, scrap the Maplins idea.  Just had a lovely conversation with their customer services people regarding a headshell I ordered (ie left credit card details for) on 5th Oct.  The website said 7 day wait (not too bad I thought so I ordered it), today (18 days later) I enquired as to its progress.

&quot;dunno when we&#39;ll get it in&quot; was the reply, in a &quot;take it or leave it&quot; voice.  I can accept that it may be a tricky thing to get in, but a &quot;sorry we can&#39;t get hold of this&quot; type email would have been nice.

Maybe I&#39;m a naive web shopper, at least they didn&#39;t take any money off me.
                          Now this!

Comment

that one on the Maplins site is just a re-branded Numark...

Comment

Working...
                            X