• Banana bunch - funky hoe

Found this whilst browsing...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....MEWA:IT

Anyone heard it?

Dunno but if you aint bidding, I will
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Yeah it's an alright funky thing.

The Baby T boys seem to like it a lot and can shift it on for coin.

I wouldn't be surprised to go this for a little wedge, all sniped of course.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Oct. 20 2004,10:29)]Dunno but if you aint bidding, I will
        Go for it... Can't really afford to spend more than the opening bid anyway (my record budgets been cained already )

Do me a CDR if you win it tho

Comment

it's a good spooky sounding hammond funk inst. - quite common though.

Comment

That's interesting - I've got an early 70s UK issue of this on DJM with a different b-side ('Season Of The Rain', an Elton John song that I don't think has appeared anywhere else).

The Banana Bunch was a pseudonym for a real psychedelic band that were managed by Larry Page - I think it was the ones who did the song 'Magic Spectacles'......was it The Nerve?

Comment

Nope, think they were the Nite People, and Season Of The Rain came out on a 45, on Page One predictably. Recycling was hip back then too!
              Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

That's the chaps! Was Season of the Rain a Nite People 45 too? It's got the hardest bass drum work I've ever heard in it - one record player I had couldn't handle it!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Oct. 20 2004,16:30)]That's the chaps! Was Season of the Rain a Nite People 45 too? It's got the hardest bass drum work I've ever heard in it - one record player I had couldn't handle it!
                  Yeah.

Certainly in my all-time band Top 10 - they did some awesome stuff!
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Working...
                  X