Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sausage supper

ok chaps.......
    i seem to remember seeing this same post up on here a few months back.........but just wondered if anyone had any good updates to add.........so.........what's yer favorite sausage?
    Ate some very good quality pork and leek sausages yesterday bought from a local butcher.......very nice indeed.......but gotta say that the current fave banger has got to be waitrose organic pork chipolata.........call me posh but i just don't care.........i love waitrose.....any good recommendations?

The best High Street Sausage ? It has to be either the pre packed free-range Waitrose Chipolata / Banger (better tasting than the Organic version) *or* the Organic Banger off the fresh meat counter which is much cheaper than the pre-pack version.

Waitrose 'Sausage Festival' month is always a winner, the Lime & Coriander or Chilli, Red Onion & Plum ones were great this year.
    Matt Hero

Comment

nice suggestions........musks sound good but i dunno about buying sausages online to be honest with you........much prefer to see the things in the 'flesh' before purchase........
      just wouldn't seem right at all.........
      hey matt.....gonna have to try the waitrose free range too then.........you really think they beat the organic.....they must be something quite special.........and what's all this about a sausage festival........i feel like i've been missing out in a big way here........?
      thing is there's no local waitrose around here so it's usually combined with out of town digging trips..........

Comment

Sausage Festival is usually during the summer I think - to coincide with the annual British 'Outdoor Food Incineration' festival - when they generally have three times as many loose sausages on the meat counter as normal.

Pop in at 6pm and get 'em cheap. Hence why we had sausages three times a week back in the summer.... and now has a freezer full for the winter.

I think I'm going to try the lamb and blackcurrent burgers this week for a change though.
        Matt Hero

Comment

Chicken & Black Pudding sausages from Love Saves The Day in Manchester

Deep!!!

Comment

In terms of widely available Vegie sausages - It can only be Cauldron surely?
            Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Morrisons new veggie sausages are ace...

many years ago i had a job in a sausage factory...the secret recipie:

pig skin
              rusk
              bag of 'industrial pink'
              small bag of 'industrial herbs & grit'
              ice
              water
              bricks of frozen blood from the coldroom floor

yummy!!!

Comment

Vibra told me an evil story about being a vegetarian and working in a sausage factory cleaning the machines...GRIM!
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

the legend that is &#39;tomato sausages&#39; but you cant get em now,i aint seem em for years, butchers sausages are far superior to supermarkets..most fancy recipe sausages repeat badly on me...phhhheet got ta change me undies
                  www.budgetbeats.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 20 2004,14:02)]Vibra told me an evil story about being a vegetarian and working in a sausage factory cleaning the machines...GRIM&#33;
                    It was the other way round really Sermad. I became vegetarian *after* working a nightshift which I understood involved packing boxes onto vans aaaaactually entailing cleaning out manky sausage meat from machines and off of the factory floor. I didn&#39;t really eat meat very often before anyway, but this was the decider for sure. The smell made me continuously retch, I saw many truly disgusting things that night, and I decided that if the manufacture of meat products made me feel so sick, I should no longer eat them.

One of the other workers gave me a lift to the bus stop in the morning after my shift. I hadn&#39;t said a word about the job, my still-present nausea or owt, but when I got out of the car he said &quot;So I guess we won&#39;t be seeing you again tomorrow then?&quot;, to which I replied &quot;Er.. no&quot;.

Concur with my man Brother Logic, lovin&#39; those Cauldrons&#33;
                    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

im a vegan,im down with veggie worms its linda mcartney all the way&#33;

Comment

herald the formation of the VV meat-free faction&#33;&#33;&#33;

vegetable rights &amp; peace&#33;

Comment

only been back on the meat for a year or so after several years of veggie.......suddenly got a serious craving for meat around christmas time.........haven&#39;t looked back.........consumed many dozens of fine sausages over the year too.........love the things.........as for that chicken and black puddin suggestion.........that&#39;s just wrong mate.......chicken in a sausage....? not to mention the black pud..........wrong&#33;
                          yep the cauldron&#39;s are the market leaders in the veggie bangers..........quite nice too..........but is it just me or is this a very odd idea...........&#39;pretend meat&#39; for people who don&#39;t like meat...........once lived with a veggie who used to eat that veggie bacon stuff..........how wrong is that??
                          actually have to quickly give sainsbury&#39;s taste the difference sausage range a quick mention here.........good affort here from saisnbury...........

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] ]the legend that is &#39;tomato sausages&#39; but you cant get em now,i aint seem em for years
                            Definitely seconded. I haven&#39;t eaten meat for about 13 years, but I do miss tomato sausage bought from Bird&#39;s the Butchers in Sutton-In-Ashfield on the way to see my great grandma. No other sausage ever got close.

But now I&#39;m a herbi(flowers)vore, I&#39;m with the Cauldron faction. Fried in olive oil, sliced, then added to fried peppers (capsicum? fuck off&#33 and 3 beaten eggs to make a belter of an omelette.

Still haven&#39;t found a decent veggie bacon though.
                            Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

My ex was a veggie. She made me veggie bacon and all that shite. It was daft. It doesn&#39;t taste like bacon - kind of looks like plasticine bacon...so why make it&#33;? Ex meaties will crave the bacon. Its evil.

Back on track. The best sausages I have EVER EVER EVER had were at the big chill from that organic sausage place. They do a chilli hot dog so hot - Even satan himself won&#39;t touch it. I&#39;m not kidding. Its amazing.
                              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Working...
                              X