Battered finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battered finds

At a boot sale on Sunday I found a shagged copy of the pink Radiophonic Workshop album and today I just found an scratched to fuck 'Voices In Latin'. It got me wondering what are the best scarce records people have found in unplayable condition?

Blighty, did you buy them though ? Y'know, just for sleeves ? I'm sure someone has a sleeveless 'Voices In Latin' on the board (Lord Thames ?).
    Matt Hero

Comment

The sleeve was knackered on the Radiophonic one so I left it. The VIL is just up the road so if anyone wants it let me know. £1 plus postage.

Comment

i found a 'T2 it'll all work out in boomland' LP for a £1, the vinyl was playable but pretty crackly, i traded it with a dealer, i told him in my opinion the vinyl was fair condition only but he still had it, and it's now in his catalogue for £40 listed as vg+ condition!!!!!!!!
        I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

Yes, I've got a sleeveless VIL - if this knackered copy could donate its sleeve that'd be great!

PM me if you get hold of it.

Comment

oh and a 'toe-fat two' lp for a quid, vinyl was poor-fair, traded it with same dealer, he listed it for £40 in vg+ condition and it sold.

Comment

I found an affinity on vertigo with no sleeve - just sitting there baking at a booter. cost me 10p. I think the vinyl is alrite. Maybe a bit dished!
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Ironicly I found a spannered copy of the Battered Ornaments first LP at a festival / bootsale for 50p - not a patch on the second even if there was no eggs &amp; bacon.
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

The best I&#39;ve found is The Small Faces first album for fifty pence or so...no sleeve and the vinyl is warped in places and noisy everywhere else...book price of ninety quid and a cracker of an album as well...
                  http://jimcassius.blogspot.com

Comment

tonto&#39;s expanding head band - zero time lp no sleeve knackered vinyl 50p, couldn&#39;t leave it.

Comment

fuck man, i&#39;ve got a load of amazing but trashed ethiopian vinyl. I&#39;ve got the amha ethio only issue mulatu LP, (the blue cover one, not the US one on worthy), but its pretty fucked and doesn&#39;t have a cover (Yekatit stills plays fine though), i&#39;ve got some other ethio LPs and whole load of killer 45s, all fucked. (Plenty of good condition stuff though )

Comment

Working...
                      X