It's just begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just begun

Anyone ever had or got a copy of this J Castor 12" on Salsoul?
    Am i wrong in thinking that it's pretty scarce?
    Ball park figure on current value?
    Any info spilled would be very much appreciated........

it's been reissue:
    http://www.tunes.co.uk/tunes/featured/8172.htm

(no idea on whether reissue would raise or lower price of an original - imagine it might lower it in this case)

Comment

Cheers Bongo.......didn't know it had been reished.......should've guessed though really.......so many 12"s getting represses now........

Comment

I'm not 100% sure about value, but it's a crap 80's re-recorded version to cash on in the fact that 'It's Just Begun' was in Flashdance.

I don't think it's worth a lot.

If you are thinking of getting it I would advise you to listen before you buy.
        He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

price from UK dealers is usually around £15 - £20.00 for the salsoul US promo, not too much.

musically it's not that bad, but as already stated, it's a re-recorded version rather than a remix of the original track.

definitely check before you buy.

Comment

many thanks chaps..........wasn't thinking of buying though......just sold one actually......for 15.......so i reckon it was about right..........and you're both right about the version........not good.......shame really......

Comment

oh it's that one. i remember being disappointed by it...

Comment

This reminds me, when I was in Demonfuzz this holiday I was talking to one of the guys about celebs that they's had in the shops and he told me that Kool DJ Herc had been in there and had asked for something to play that evening at a gig that would blow the audience away. Eventually the guy from Demonfuzz pulled out a 12" of It's Just Begun which apparently has an extended break with just the drums. Kool Herc loved it and played it that night at his gig.

Does this sound like the 12" you guys are talking about or is this another Biz Markie Mardi Gras without the bells story??

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Oct. 25 2004,11:48)]I was talking to one of the guys about celebs that they's had in the shop
                  "no celebs, but we had that Llmod in the other day..."

Comment

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

there's a re-issue 12 of 'it's only just began' - extended bits, a re-edit, if you will.. can't remember what's been done to it though (or by whom) as it's been a while since i heard it and it's a thousand miles from me now..

Comment

don't think it was the levan salsoul 12"........it just isn't a very good version..........as has just been said it may have been a euro only or dutch only oddity.........possible anyway.......though amazing that it's not a well known and sought after 12"........such a classic tune and to have it on 12" with extended drums.......you'd think every man and his dog would know about it...........the stevie superstition is dutch only though right.....sure aren't many of those out there.........

Comment

There was a 12" re-issue of "It's Just Begun" on RCA (I think) a couple of years back. I believe it had the original mix, instrumental mix and a break mix. This may be the one you're after.

I've seen copies in Sounds Of The Universe/Soul Jazz in Soho, London. Give 'em a call.

A

Comment

Working...
                          X