Rainy saturday afternoon finds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainy saturday afternoon finds...

crappy weather, might as well look in some charities and so on...
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

hmmm

should have been some photos attached - didn't work!

oh well, I'll have to put them in my chart instead!

Comment

Nothing to do?! Why not stare in mounting horror as your text message service informs you your team have conceded two goals in three minutes?
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

I meant nothing to do except pick up a couple of dozen lps and get ready for the Peanut Butter Wolf gig this evening...

Comment

I've just been at a record fair and have popped back to work to look up some folky type stuff thats interesting looking but not cheap enough to punt on. All in the €12-15 type price range:
          sallyange
          willow
          frogmorton
          shawn phillips contribution
          sue and sunny
          evensong
          brass monkey
          crowfoot
          skyboat
          sleepy hollow
          and a herbie flowers de wolfe lp

Any speedy advice appreciated as I'll be splitting in about twenty minutes.

Alternatively any less speddy advice appreciated as the same guy may be at the next one.

Cheers

M
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Brass Monkey is a good 'un if it's the Rare Earth lot.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

sue and sunny is crap though i had it a long time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Oct. 23 2004,15:56)]Nothing to do?! Why not stare in mounting horror as your text message service informs you your team have conceded two goals in three minutes?    
                ....or mounting joy as you witness yours score two in three minutes....
                Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Oct. 25 2004,16:49)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Oct. 23 2004,15:56)]Nothing to do?! Why not stare in mounting horror as your text message service informs you your team have conceded two goals in three minutes?    
                  I was even less consoled when my friend called me after the match to tell me we'd been beaten by "a crap pub team of 10 and Graham Branch"
                  http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Oct. 25 2004,17:05)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Oct. 25 2004,16:49)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    I was even less consoled when my friend called me after the match to tell me we'd been beaten by "a crap pub team of 10 and Graham Branch"  

Mind you, your fellas looked they had xome straight *from* the pub the amount of inexplicable falling down they were doing...
                    Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Oct. 23 2004,17:10)]Brass Monkey is a good 'un if it's the Rare Earth lot.
                      So I went back and the decks had been packed up... I ended up getting Sue and Sunny and leaving Brass Monkey.

But on the plus side as it was late the dealer was offering 20% off - which he improved on when I bought 3 lps. And then he closed up so the rest will still be there at the next fair in December. Which scarly enough I am planning on sharing a table at with another friend.
                      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                      X