Solar plexus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar plexus

Just a quick request for info on this, as I picked up a sleeveless (but thankfully not at all battered) copy at the weekend. Dates from 1972, one side is a 'Concerto Grosso For Pop Group And Symphony Orchestra', the other 4 fusion jazz cuts, three of them ace: 'Phrygian Samba', 'They're Building Their Cities' and Jack McDuff's 'A Real Goodun'. Seems to have lots of credits to Carl Axel Dominique, Per Lysander and Georg Wadenius...Anyway, some nice tracks on it. Any info (and a spare sleeve, if anyone happens to have one&#33 would be much appreciated!
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Nice find - 'Solar Plexus' is a rare LP, and as you've found out, contains some great jazz-rock tracks. However, it's a double-album, so you need to find the first LP in the set as well as the cover! Again, though - top find!
    A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Comment

I have this will check when it get home.. for more info

Comment

On a related note. What was that egyptian solar plexus record that I think LHC played once. It was nice.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Hello Sir Mad&#33;

The track in question is &quot;Ah Ya Zen Pt2&quot;.

It is featured on an LP called &quot;Salma&quot; by an Egyptian folk artist (who&#39;s name escapes me at the moment, I am at work) on the Odean label.

Apparently this Egyptian folk artist travelled to Sweden in the early 70s. Whilst on this tour he hooked up with SolarPlexus and Bjorn Son Lindh to cut a Eqyptian folk funk hammond monster.

Now I have a question,

What is that name of the Candian 70s techondisco thing you played at a few FreshBrillos back?
          records - one a week mixcloud
          records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Not keeping it    are you Sermad?
            records - one a week mixcloud
            records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Cameron @ Oct. 24 2004,09:26)]Nice find - &#39;Solar Plexus&#39; is a rare LP, and as you&#39;ve found out, contains some great jazz-rock tracks. However, it&#39;s a double-album, so you need to find the first LP in the set as well as the cover&#33; Again, though - top find&#33;
              ...aaargh&#33; Still, nice tracks on the 50% of it I did find&#33; Now notice the obvious labelling of the LP as Sides C &amp; D...Will have to hope the rest of it&#39;s in one of my market guy&#39;s other boxes next week, I guess...

Cheers for the info&#33;
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ Oct. 25 2004,10:52)]Hello Sir Mad&#33;

The track in question is &quot;Ah Ya Zen Pt2&quot;.

It is featured on an LP called &quot;Salma&quot; by an Egyptian folk artist (who&#39;s name escapes me at the moment, I am at work) on the Odean label.

Apparently this Egyptian folk artist travelled to Sweden in the early 70s. Whilst on this tour he hooked up with SolarPlexus and Bjorn Son Lindh to cut a Eqyptian folk funk hammond monster.

Now I have a question,

What is that name of the Candian 70s techondisco thing you played at a few FreshBrillos back?
                abdo

Comment

Working...
                X