X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pokester
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ Oct. 25 2004,10:52)]Hello Sir Mad!

The track in question is "Ah Ya Zen Pt2".

It is featured on an LP called "Salma" by an Egyptian folk artist (who's name escapes me at the moment, I am at work) on the Odean label.

Apparently this Egyptian folk artist travelled to Sweden in the early 70s. Whilst on this tour he hooked up with SolarPlexus and Bjorn Son Lindh to cut a Eqyptian folk funk hammond monster.

Now I have a question,

What is that name of the Candian 70s techondisco thing you played at a few FreshBrillos back?
    abdo

Leave a comment:

• wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Cameron @ Oct. 24 2004,09:26)]Nice find - 'Solar Plexus' is a rare LP, and as you've found out, contains some great jazz-rock tracks. However, it's a double-album, so you need to find the first LP in the set as well as the cover! Again, though - top find!
    ...aaargh! Still, nice tracks on the 50% of it I did find! Now notice the obvious labelling of the LP as Sides C & D...Will have to hope the rest of it's in one of my market guy's other boxes next week, I guess...

Cheers for the info!

Leave a comment:

• left hand corner
    replied
    Not keeping it    are you Sermad?

Leave a comment:

• left hand corner
    replied
    Hello Sir Mad!

The track in question is "Ah Ya Zen Pt2".

It is featured on an LP called "Salma" by an Egyptian folk artist (who's name escapes me at the moment, I am at work) on the Odean label.

Apparently this Egyptian folk artist travelled to Sweden in the early 70s. Whilst on this tour he hooked up with SolarPlexus and Bjorn Son Lindh to cut a Eqyptian folk funk hammond monster.

Now I have a question,

What is that name of the Candian 70s techondisco thing you played at a few FreshBrillos back?

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    On a related note. What was that egyptian solar plexus record that I think LHC played once. It was nice.

Leave a comment:

• pokester
    replied
    I have this will check when it get home.. for more info

Leave a comment:

• Cameron
    replied
    Nice find - 'Solar Plexus' is a rare LP, and as you've found out, contains some great jazz-rock tracks. However, it's a double-album, so you need to find the first LP in the set as well as the cover! Again, though - top find!

Leave a comment:

• wayne
    started a topic Solar plexus

Solar plexus

Just a quick request for info on this, as I picked up a sleeveless (but thankfully not at all battered) copy at the weekend. Dates from 1972, one side is a 'Concerto Grosso For Pop Group And Symphony Orchestra', the other 4 fusion jazz cuts, three of them ace: 'Phrygian Samba', 'They're Building Their Cities' and Jack McDuff's 'A Real Goodun'. Seems to have lots of credits to Carl Axel Dominique, Per Lysander and Georg Wadenius...Anyway, some nice tracks on it. Any info (and a spare sleeve, if anyone happens to have one&#33 would be much appreciated!
Working...
X