X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John peel rip

Suddenly, on holiday in Peru.
    http://www.djhistory.com

News says he died instantly from a massive heart attack.

Damn, that is so fuckin' sad.

I was always proud when he played a couple of my tunes out on his shows.

A visionary - there was so many more for him to inspire.

God bless, Mr Peel.

Comment

The man was a true god, I'm proper gutted. Ditto what Greg said, I think Peelie playing our tunes was a highlight for us all (with obligatory DJ bungling and the works). RIP John Peel.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

This is awful. Very sad news.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Genuinely sad news. I suppose if you&#39;re gonna go, go quickly and (hopefully) painlessly while with your family somewhere beautiful. And while you&#39;re still loved and respected.

I think we should all go home and play &#39;Teenage Kicks&#39;, that would make him smile.
            Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

I hoped this was a wind up.... sadly seems not.

A very sad loss indeed.
              Matt Hero

Comment

First Dave Godin and now John Peel....

A very sad loss
                He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

I can&#39;t believe this. I hoped it was a wind-up too.

Peel has played my stuff too and was a real gent when I was at the Radio1 studios a while back.

A lot of us grew up listening to (and sometimes painfully enduring) the stuff he played every week. Surely he must go down in history as one of the most music-crazed people there ever was.

&quot;Home Truths&quot; has always been on our kitchen radio, too. He&#39;s going to be sorely missed.

Comment

I can&#39;t believe it..

One of my biggest heroes in life ever - he was a direct influence on my music tastes, a welcoming beacon to underground music from around the world, and his outlook directly inspired me to have a go at making records.

A wonderful, wonderful man that I will miss very much.
                    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Peelie was part of growing up for me - the only way to hear different, strange and excellent stuff where i lived - a sad, sad loss.

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

A true music lover, nobody could come near to taking his place.
                        Mark GV Taylor

https://www.facebook.com/referencepointlondon

Comment

Fuck.
                          Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
                          Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

You can&#39;t imagine how much people loved him here in Portugal. He had a deep impact over the way people made radio around here. he will be missed.

Comment

This is pretty awful. Pretty gutted here too. I&#39;d just been out at lunchtime thinking &quot;Hmmm I&#39;ve been away for a few weeks must check out whats on peel tonight&quot;.

And then my first thought was &quot;Nah it must be a joke....&quot;

Well at least I got a cable connection to hear him for the last year. And in an instant the pile of 20 minidiscs of his shows from the last year or so have gone from &quot;Must edit those down to a listenable core&quot; into &quot;valuable archive which I must protect for future generations&quot;.

And at least I saw him dancing to some of the records he was playing at ATP this year.
                              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                              X