Conroy - sounds funky - "high tension"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conroy - sounds funky - "high tension"

I've posted this on Soulstrut, but them don't know.

There's a song called "High Tension" on Side B of the Conroy library 132 Sounds Funky - Pop Brass Background. Composed by S. Perner. It sounds like a dope cover verison of "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zepplin. Actually it sounds a bit like the CCS version. Heavy drums and a crazy organ solo. Lots of congas and wild brass (excuse me, "ILL horn stabs&quot. Would be the best cover version I've heard.

Does anyone know who S. Perner is. Or who the band is? The other composers got German names like R. Walter/Winkle/Rauter. It's my only Conroy library and I don't know much about the label.

This was one of the first libs I ever had - I can't think of a better introduction to the genre!

Sven Perner wrote a fair bit for various German libraries like Sonoton and Europhon, but I've not been able to get any biographical info on him.

I think R Walter who wrote side one is the British composer/alto saxophonist Dick Walter.

Harald Winkler-Rauter is a German guitarist who did some solo LPs on Telefunken, also wrote under the name Denny Motion and did some time in a German jail for drugs offences.

Most of the other names on the LP (Tony Tape, Can Candid) are pseudonyms for Gerhard Narholz, who runs the Sonoton library (who originally recorded these tracks - Conroy published a lot of their stuff in the UK) and is better known under the alias Norman Candler.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
    X