Mojo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojo

I am trying to get hold of a Mojo discography & have struggled to find on on the web.  

Can anyone assist?  Even a partial one will be of help.
    www.sliderecordshop.com

Hey Warren,

You might be in luck. I have a copy of an old (90s) funk fanzine called 'Concrete Funk' which I seem to remember has the full Mojo discography.

I don't fancy typing it up but I could photocopy it and send it to you.
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ Oct. 28 2004,15:05)]Hey Warren,

You might be in luck. I have a copy of an old (90s) funk fanzine called 'Concrete Funk' which I seem to remember has the full Mojo discography.

That would be great...i'll PM you my address.  

Will owe you a

Warren.
      www.sliderecordshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ Oct. 28 2004,15:05)]Hey Warren,

Crikey, I wrote for that fanzine. Didn't think there would be any lying around.
        We used to give them out at record fairs about 1990.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]Crikey, I wrote for that fanzine. Didn't think there would be any lying around.
          We used to give them out at record fairs about 1990
          Good work fella!

What articles did you write?

It's interesting to look back at the playlists now - plenty of good stuff like Mr Brown, Kool and the Gang and The Meters,

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ Oct. 29 2004,16:00)]
            Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]Crikey, I wrote for that fanzine. Didn't think there would be any lying around.
            We used to give them out at record fairs about 1990
            Good work fella!

What articles did you write?

It's interesting to look back at the playlists now - plenty of good stuff like Mr Brown, Kool and the Gang and The Meters,
            I remember doing the Kool & the gang one, as well as a Kool Herc one. I think that was in another issue. I also did one of the breakbeats pages.
            I get muddled up with the issues, but there was some stuff about Dennis Coffey and the Soul Searchers as well.

We used to hand them out at the record fairs in Marble Arch and the Kiss fm one that used to be in Highgate.

Don't even have a copy any more.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]Don't even have a copy any more.
              Have to get you some photocopies then.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ Oct. 29 2004,16:10)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]Don't even have a copy any more.  
                Have to get you some photocopies then.
                That'd be great. The fella who called himself the editor, buggered off to the states years ago. So I haven't had any way of getting copies till now.

Comment

I've got what I believe are the only two issues of 'concrete funk' - was there a third issue? I had one spare which I gave to my good friend 'Left hand corner'.

I got my copies in the early nineties from a Wolverhampton record dealer called 'Steve Ward' ( Same beat records) who contributed to the fanzine at the time.

The fanzine sums up that period in that there is nothing amazingly rare or obscure to be found in the articles. Though any amount of info was appreciated at the time - this was a pre-google period.

There were some other fledgeling fanzines at the time that never really took of but deserve a thread of their own. From my memory Soul Underground was a good read - I'll have a dig around and find some others.

Comment

Working...
                  X