Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song for today.

Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made Of Sand.

Listened to this about 100 times on repeat today.

Whats your choice for today?
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Blosom Dearie - London in the Rain

Brought a smile to my face as I stood in the pissing rain at the bus stop this morning.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Second to last song on side 1 of &quot;Big Ben&quot; by Jorge Ben.(Dunno title, its in Potuguese and at home).
      Endless Tripe

Comment

Shirley Ellis &#39;The Nitty Gritty&#39;

Just realised I had this (flip to &#39;The Clapping Song&#39 so I&#39;ve been making up for lost time.
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Gravenhurst &#39;Black Holes in the Sand&#39; from the new mini-lp on Warp
          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

&#39;sphagnum esplanade&#39; by the shins is my my tune of the day

Comment

Since reading Mr LadyBoyGrimsby&#39;s post on &#39;The Producers&#39; I have had &#39;Springtime For Hitler&#39; going on over and over in my head. Which is not good.
              records - one a week mixcloud
              records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Lonnie Liston Smith&#39;s Cosmic Funk. Unfortunately the gig had a bit too much cheesy funk rather than cosmic funk.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Well, as I&#39;m at work minus any ability to play music, I&#39;ll have to make do with the song that&#39;s going around in my head. Which for some reason is the theme tune to &#39;Degrassi Junior High&#39;.

Count yourselves lucky.....
                  Matt Hero

Comment

Ditto, like Matt, this is a tune-free environment, except &#39;in my mind&#39; which has been playing a continual drum loop, taken from a record I guess must be    from the new &quot;AEIOU mix CD by tripledouble and diplo. This loop has been going around and around since 9am this morning [those of you who know me shouldn&#39;t be tooooo surprised by this &#33;]  

Anyway, that new AEIOU mix is a stunner. I&#39;m gonna hook up with the guys when I&#39;m in Philadelphia next month and hand out gold stars all round&#33;  
                    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I&#39;m stuck at home waiting for the pest control fella come around to sort out a wasps nest in the loft.

So the tune i&#39;m enjoying today is Sister Sledge - Love don&#39;t go through no changes on me. Yummy indeed.

Comment

I listened to &quot;Break it up&quot; by julie driscoll about ten times early this morning (or late last night).

Comment

Two today that I can&#39;t shift from my noggin.

Beverley Wheeler - Don&#39;t shake my tree

Martha Wash - You lift me up.

Top Friday salvo business.

Comment

Obviously in a dramatic mood, as I keep going back to Julie Driscoll doing &#39;Road To Cairo&#39; and Beth Gibbons doing &#39;Sand River&#39; today.

In my head, when the CDs finish, keep getting &#39;Everybody&#39;s Got To Learn Sometime&#39; after watching &#39;Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind&#39; last night...Am I perverse finding Kate Winslet as Jim Carrey&#39;s 70s mum&#39;s mate inconceivably sexy?
                            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Reuben Wilson&#39;s Take on innner city blues

lovely.

rrrrreeeeewwwwiiiiiiiiiinnnnd
                              Whats you&#39;re style ?

Comment

Working...
                              X