How much do you spend on records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you spend on records?

i'm curious, a lot of you are hardcore diggers and i'm wondering how much you spend on records/cd's per week? Depending on what's coming out on a given week and how i'm feeling i'll probably drop about $200-300 per month. It's usually a mixed bag of vinyl and cd's but I always feel compelled to buy more. I'm sure my monthly allowance is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of you so fess up, how much do you spend on music (per week, per month)?

It varies... lately not that much, maybe NZ$150 a month, probably a bit less. But I'm not what you'd call "hardcore" by any means.

Having said that I'm about to return to full-time work so I expect it'll ramp up again...

Comment

A little too much, I'm afraid. maybe $700 a month. Quality, not quantity. But that's because I've been making doing freelance work which brings in extra $.... I spent less than half that a year ago.

AND that number's high cuz I just can't leave something like weldon irvine "spirit man" sealed behind, even if it's $50 :P

Comment

I actually haven't bought a record since mid-August and haven't eBayed since July, but before that I was on a sharp budget of around $400 US a month. House payments and family is KILLING ME! Before that I was completely out of control. In 2003 I spent almost $8000 on records total, 2002 I spent almost $12,000! This year I'll probably come in at around $4000.
        http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

damn! I thought my spending habits were outta control, you guys make me look like a complete novice (which I admittedly still am ).

Comment

far too much.. i'm trying to discipline myself at the moment and avoid the likes of eBay and buying records generally, whilst actually spending some time appreciating what i've already got. that's the theory, anyway, but i'm a pretty poor disciplinarian

Comment

A g a month is pretty high. For a while I was doing a good business in ebay sales, so tapping the old paypal account for a $100 record wasn't a big deal. Now it's all coming out of my paycheck and it HURTS.... I gotta stick to the cheap side and start selling again.

Comment

Way too much and I'm spending more each month. I don't sell stuff so it all comes out of the pay packet. About £400 a month but if I actually added it up I'd probably get a hell of a shock and find its more than that.
                "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Campag Record @ Oct. 31 2004,16:51)]Way too much and I'm spending more each month. I don't sell stuff so it all comes out of the pay packet. About £400 a month but if I actually added it up I'd probably get a hell of a shock and find its more than that.
                  yeah 99% of that goes to mr brown,good job theres no good record shops in newcastle!

Comment

No idea. I have never dared to tot it up. At least three pound fifty pence or so a month...
                    Endless Tripe

Comment

...a good deal less than I would like to, a good deal more than I would ever admit to my  
                      www.sliderecordshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Oct. 31 2004,23:31)]Also if you are a 'hardcore digger' surely that means you buy records as cheaply as possible and therefore don't spend that much?
                        I wish! I'm at the point where most of the cheap and common stuff I already have. Therefore I'm up to the $40 and above category of records usually. That doesn't mean I'm going to pass on a cheap copy, it's just that it rarely happens.
                        http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

A couple hundred bucks a month. The house payment and all the expenditures that goes with it hurts (I used to spend quite a bit more & still be able to get some $$ in the savings account), but I still manage to spend at least $200 / month.
                          http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ Oct. 31 2004,23:31)]I have an extreme aversion to the phrase 'digging' anyway,
                            Good one mate. I thought it was just me!
                            Endless Tripe

Comment

Interesting thread, it's reassuring to know that not everyone finds everything for 50p (or a dollar). It sometimes seems as though it's bad form to spend proper money to get something you want. I also have problems with the word 'digging', mainly for reason b), but it is a little more specific than saying 'I went shopping at the weekend'...  
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X