Care for my 45 children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care for my 45 children

I need to get myself a decent carrying box for my 45's, which will keep them seriously safe, [ie. hardcore construction rather than good looks] and remain practical in size for good storage.
    So I'm looking for a box that does the job and doesnt cost the earth. Preferably in the UK to cut out shipping madness.
    Needs to hold up to 200-300.

Anybody help?
    I was raised by wolves

get down to Elephant & Castle tube, then take a walk down Walworth Road. there's an old-school DJ supplies shop on the right hand side after 1/2 mile or so (excellent place, friendly, well-stocked, been there years) that does flight cases for all vinyl formats for good prices. i got a 45's case for 200 45s, two big compartments, for around 40 odd quid.
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

...walk half a mile? In London? Are you mad?

cheers Ed for this, I can manage that this weekend possibly.

Also, check your hotmail.

Does anybody know any good cheap barbers, I'm in trouble deep
      I was raised by wolves

Comment

Cheers Sermad! (I've tried fixing the transparency so I've uploaded that smiley as well - I know nuffink when it comes to photoshop).

And cheers Ed - I've been thinking about buying a 45 box too and that sounds just the ticket.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ 20 May 2003,13:34)]I need to get myself a decent carrying box for my 45's, which will keep them seriously safe, [ie. hardcore construction rather than good looks] and remain practical in size for good storage.
          So I'm looking for a box that does the job and doesnt cost the earth. Preferably in the UK to cut out shipping madness.
          Needs to hold up to 200-300.

Anybody help?
          how about something of genuine vintage!

any 'class' DJ from the golden days had a big wooden tray, compartmentalised for rows of 7's, with a nice lid that clipped on top and a carry hadle...you see em every so often at the boots when Family DJ's are cashing in their chips...a set of twisty lights and your away then!!!

Comment

we actually saw a bloke selling a complete 2 deck and mixer, all in one DJing stand from about 1978 complete with terry wogan-esque 'mike on a stick' and lights on a stick like you used to get in Robin Reliants! at a booter!!
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I'm damn sure I saw Terry Wogan for sale at a booter last weekend, complete with the BBC standard issue wardrobe: grey flanel suit, M&S shirt [white polyester mix], starchy school tie and a packet of custard creams.
              Apparently, he'd been gathering dust in a garage in Woking [along with a mint condition Russel Harty and a Jimmy Tarbuck at VG-].

Oh how the mighty are fallen
              I was raised by wolves

Comment

that mint condition Russell Harty must have been a bootleg!! the OG must be more than a bit 'wormy' by now!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (chrisvulture @ 21 May 2003,11:25)]the OG must be more than a bit 'wormy' by now!
                  FEAR: My definition. Nuff said.
                  I was raised by wolves

Comment

I don't wanna pick it mister, you'll shoot me.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Blighty @ 22 May 2003,02:09)]I don't wanna pick it mister, you'll shoot me.
                      ..........I'm a writer, not a Fighter.
                      I was raised by wolves

Comment

Working...
                      X